Sunday, July 29, 2012

Inspiring Blogger Award + 7 more things about me

Ashley over at Rhythm of My Mind nominated me for an Inspiring Blog Award, and I haven't done a things-about-me post in a little bit.


The rules for the “Inspiring Blog Award”:
  1.  Thank the person who nominated you.
  2. Tell 7 things about you that will not come up in your blog entries.
  3. Pass this on to 7 other bloggers that you find inspiring.
1. I pluck my eyebrows maybe once a month. They're sparse, thankfully, so I don't look so bad. I'm doing it today!


2. When I Q-tip my ears, I like to use two, one in each ear and at the same time. Anyone else?

3. As a kid, I wanted to be a basketball commentator. I was obsessed with basketball. I mean, I cried when my teams lost. I researched colleges for broadcast journalism/mass communications. I ended up going to one of those colleges for something completely different, but teaching still lets me talk a lot. :)

Now, I'm no longer a Laker fan.

(source)

4. I have no idea how to style my hair. Though I need to learn.


 For some reason, I never learned a lot of girly things like how to put on makeup. Even now my makeup routine is sometimes powder, eyelash curler without mascara because it gets too messy, sometimes eyeliner and eyeshadow that comes in a pencil together, and never anything on my lips. I think I look ridiculous and unlike hair, I don't care too much about learning how to put on makeup.

5. I hate most things with butterflies. Remember how popular those were? I cringe when I see butterfly tattoos, necklaces, or anything emblazoned with butterflies. I do own a sleeping shirt that's black with butterflies, but it's mute and just looks like a giant crazy design.

Eww... I'm sorry if you have one.

(source)

6. I never doodle because I can't draw. I tried to draw a giraffe and could not get its face right - it looked like half dinosaur/half giraffe. I can't draw landscapes either. I am good with mixed media and DIYs but wish I could draw on the fly better.


7. Shopping has never been fun. No matter what size I am, I just suck at putting things together so I'm always confused. I don't know myself well enough to know if I'll wear something for a long time. It takes me forever to buy anything because I'm always looking for a deal. That said, I love Goodwill and Buffalo Exchange and TJ Maxx for cheap clothes.

7 inspiring bloggers you should check out!
One last thing I found and wanted to share:
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't style my hair either! It has 2 options: in a ponytail or not in a ponytail. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to do with my bangs. I do a twisty thing with it that I learned once and it has been my go-to. I try to do the middle clipped up but it doesn't look right anymore...

      Delete
  2. I couldn't style my hair for a very long time, but then I found "Lilith Moon" on YouTube. Her tutorials are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I also wanted to mention this blog: J's Everyday Fashion at http://www.jseverydayfashion.com/ She's taught me a lot about putting outfits together :)

    ReplyDelete