- Yoga "People who prefer yoga are in tune with themselves and nature, and enjoy a workout that leaves them feeling balanced and centered."
- Kickboxing "You’re fierce, feisty and fearless about unleashing your inner warrior"
- Weight training "you’re confident and independent enough to hold court on the gym floor"
- Running "Running is ideal for type-A personalities who prefer routine, structure and a little self-competition"
- Boot camp "Once you’re present and accounted for, you don’t shy away from intensity and love a challenge that pushes you to 'be all that you can be'"
- Step aerobics "you have no qualms about sticking with a good thing, no matter how totally Nineties it appears"
- Latin dance "you're not afraid to reveal your sensual side by working out to Latin dance"
- Spinning "you’re intrepid enough to ride all kinds of terrain – including those stubborn hills - but also like to remain in the driver’s (or rider’s) seat to make sure you get in a kick-butt workout"
- Hip hop "impulsive energy – someone who isn’t afraid to express herself by putting her own spin on a routine"
- Kettlebell "You’re adventurous, open-minded and up for anything"
- Swimming "you can submerge your everyday worries, one stroke at a time"
I love most of the above workouts. Guess it depends on my mood, but right now, I am a big kickboxer and boot camp-like workouts. I also attempt yoga all the time, which makes sense because I'm always searching for peace within myself.
Today, I went to step 'n sculpt, something familiar yet I did raise the bar with more intensity.
The instructor makes lots of odd noises, like she's really tired, but I like her. She played "Call Me Maybe" to warm us up. I can't do a pure step class without dying. I enjoy the mix of weight training in between.
When I came home, I wanted to do a little more lower body so I did Tone It Up's Beautiful Booty and their Lean Legs Pyramid, minus jumping jacks since I cooled down already.
In lieu of driving to yoga, I decided to do another set from the Tone It Up girls: Twist and Shout. Obsessed much? I loved it and totally felt it working all over my body.
I'm not a fan of running or spinning. At all.
Which I guess means I don't have a type-A personality. Wow, that's news to me. My reason: I get bored of running. Running takes forever and I can't drink water unless I carry it with me.
As for why I don't spin, I don't like the atmosphere of the room and music doesn't keep me going. I'm not big on music except in my car. Crazy, right?!
I'll try anything once and I recommend it. Be fierce, feisty, and fearless! Then find what you love cause duh, you'll be more likely to do it.
Eats for the day:
1 egg + egg white over Greek yogurt with a dash of soy sauce. It's a weird combo, but I love it.
After walking around post-workout, I needed to eat ASAP. I heated up an Amy's burrito and threw some baby romaine over it.
I finally made The Lean Green Bean's Chocolate Dipped Frozen Yogurt Bites.
For later, I made coconutty sweet potato fries. Except they were so good, I couldn't wait to eat them! They're all gone now...
Small serving but really good.
Dinner out because there were a ton of people at the house. We finally went to Casa Inka, a Peruvian restaurant that opened up in our neighborhood. Who knew our little bedroom community had such flavor?
The table got bread and chimichurri to share and I had a sangria. I don't like wine but put in some fruit and I'm good. I feel perfect!
I went with the mixed seafood ceviche. The fish wasn't completely cooked and the corn was bland. The other corn tasted like Corn Nuts.
My cousin got the lomo a la pobre. I tried the steak and plantains, both of which were delicious.
We needed dessert. Look what I found at Walgreens! They have big bags of Unreal Candy on sale! Perfect for watching "MasterChef" tonight!
Links to share:
- 15 Common Workout Mistakes
- Nike "Voices"
- Ashley Borden on circuit training
- 20 Things Happy People Do Every Day
- Top 6 Myths About Pilates
- 6 Photos You Have to See to Believe
What's your workout personality?
Have you tried the Tone It Up girls?
Any good articles you've come across? Please share!