Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WIAW: Fierce, feisty, fearless!

Last night, I read an article-type thing on "What Your Workout Says About You." Here's a quick snippet.
  • Yoga "People who prefer yoga are in tune with themselves and nature, and enjoy a workout that leaves them feeling balanced and centered."
  • Kickboxing "You’re fierce, feisty and fearless about unleashing your inner warrior"
  • Weight training "you’re confident and independent enough to hold court on the gym floor"
  • Running "Running is ideal for type-A personalities who prefer routine, structure and a little self-competition"
  • Boot camp "Once you’re present and accounted for, you don’t shy away from intensity and love a challenge that pushes you to 'be all that you can be'"
  • Step aerobics "you have no qualms about sticking with a good thing, no matter how totally Nineties it appears"
  • Latin dance "you're not afraid to reveal your sensual side by working out to Latin dance"
  • Spinning "you’re intrepid enough to ride all kinds of terrain – including those stubborn hills - but also like to remain in the driver’s (or rider’s) seat to make sure you get in a kick-butt workout"
  • Hip hop "impulsive energy – someone who isn’t afraid to express herself by putting her own spin on a routine"
  • Kettlebell "You’re adventurous, open-minded and up for anything"
  • Swimming "you can submerge your everyday worries, one stroke at a time"
I've done a little bit of everything, except swimming since I can't swim very well. At all.

I love most of the above workouts. Guess it depends on my mood, but right now, I am a big kickboxer and boot camp-like workouts. I also attempt yoga all the time, which makes sense because I'm always searching for peace within myself.

Today, I went to step 'n sculpt, something familiar yet I did raise the bar with more intensity.

The instructor makes lots of odd noises, like she's really tired, but I like her. She played "Call Me Maybe" to warm us up. I can't do a pure step class without dying. I enjoy the mix of weight training in between.

When I came home, I wanted to do a little more lower body so I did Tone It Up's Beautiful Booty and their Lean Legs Pyramid, minus jumping jacks since I cooled down already.

In lieu of driving to yoga, I decided to do another set from the Tone It Up girls: Twist and Shout. Obsessed much? I loved it and totally felt it working all over my body.

I'm not a fan of running or spinning. At all.
 
(source)

I tried for weeks and months. I spun 2-3xs per week for a month and even ran a 5K. No spinner/runner's high.

Which I guess means I don't have a type-A personality. Wow, that's news to me. My reason: I get bored of running. Running takes forever and I can't drink water unless I carry it with me.

As for why I don't spin, I don't like the atmosphere of the room and music doesn't keep me going. I'm not big on music except in my car. Crazy, right?!

I'll try anything once and I recommend it. Be fierce, feisty, and fearless! Then find what you love cause duh, you'll be more likely to do it.

Eats for the day:

1 egg + egg white over Greek yogurt with a dash of soy sauce. It's a weird combo, but I love it.

After walking around post-workout, I needed to eat ASAP. I heated up an Amy's burrito and threw some baby romaine over it.

I finally made The Lean Green Bean's Chocolate Dipped Frozen Yogurt Bites.
 

For later, I made coconutty sweet potato fries. Except they were so good, I couldn't wait to eat them! They're all gone now...

 I also bought apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice to make Bombshell Spell.

Small serving but really good.

Dinner out because there were a ton of people at the house. We finally went to Casa Inka, a Peruvian restaurant that opened up in our neighborhood. Who knew our little bedroom community had such flavor?

The table got bread and chimichurri to share and I had a sangria. I don't like wine but put in some fruit and I'm good. I feel perfect!

I went with the mixed seafood ceviche. The fish wasn't completely cooked and the corn was bland. The other corn tasted like Corn Nuts.

My cousin got the lomo a la pobre. I tried the steak and plantains, both of which were delicious.

We needed dessert. Look what I found at Walgreens! They have big bags of Unreal Candy on sale! Perfect for watching "MasterChef" tonight!

Links to share:
My thought on my drive home from the gym today, because I have a life changing thought after ever gym session: If I can make time for working out, I can make time for studying. Which I should. Starting, uh, in August. It's coming.

What's your workout personality?
Have you tried the Tone It Up girls?
Any good articles you've come across? Please share!

13 comments:

  1. Happy WIAW! Your Peruvian food looks great. We love to go out for Peruvian food! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the running personality description totally describes me! Guess it makes sense that running is my favorite kind of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking that. I LOVE the number crunching you can get from running.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh... I wish we had a Peruvian place in Victoria. We have pretty much everything but. I loved the food we ate in Peru, it was so distinct and flavourful. I'll never forget eating guinea pig or alpaca for the first time, it was awesome.

    Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see either of those on the menu but there was a fake alpaca outside!

      Delete
  4. I'm a runner and judging by myself and other runners I have met I totally agree that it is for type A personalities! But I also love bootcamps so it's good to realize that I don't shy away from challenge! Haha I can't wait to get my hand on some of that "Unreal Candy"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them but still lovin' the Sunspire ones more.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait try the egg,yogurt, soy sauce combo! I love the eggs+soy sauce already, so I think I'll like it:) Your chips looks to die for too! I always slather my sweet potatoes in coconut butter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Greek yogurt can be salty too.

      Delete
  6. wow that is a really interesting article, thanks for sharing.
    Eggs and yogurt??? That sounds really weird!! I would never think to put those together! :) funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing that article and what you ate :) Everything looks fab, I love what you did with the ACV/pineapple concoction..sounds great!! In tune with myself and nature?? yep, that's definitely me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the article you shared! And sounds pretty accurate...also, random question, what are you studying for exactly? Just curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg those yogurt bites look amazingg!! And so simple too... I definitely need to make those this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete