Sunday, April 1, 2012

A fool for goals & lists

 The list-maker in me wants to make one.



It's April already! One week of work before spring break! So... I've never had a proper spring break. No Cancun or other exotic vacations, and it doesn't look like this year will be particularly crazy. On the agenda: work and maybe some day trips.

How did I fare on my March goals?
  • Finish Belong to Me Didn't happen. I got bored with the book so I've moved on.
  • Study one chapter each week to chapter 5! I'm on chapter 4!
  • Read Catching Fire and The Paris Wife I got caught up and started Catching Fire. I'm waiting for The Paris Wife on e-book.
  • Catch up on Joy the Baker's podcasts! I listened to a few more.
  • Bake maple kissed pumpkin muffins I tried to make these, but they were too gooey. My fault. I think I did some weird substitution of Greek yogurt for applesauce? I tossed them.
  • Go to San Juan Capistrano - plan trip on March 10th Went!
  • Get bike tire fixed. My friend Sara and I rode her bikes instead.
  • Do yoga once a week! Uh, I'm at 2 weeks in a row!
  • Stop spending so much... how? Still figuring this out. Not working.
  • Make buffalo chicken sweet potato skins I made buffalo chicken mac and cheese quinoa though.
Remember my inspiration board? I haven't really referenced it at all thus far so here goes:
 
  • Running. Guess what? I signed up for The Color Run. It's this month. I still don't enjoy running a whole lot, but I can run 3 miles. 
  • Pride. While I'm proud and want to do it all, I'm okay with not doing anything more than a 5K in my life. Maybe I'll work up to a 10K. I'm also okay with not being crazy into yoga.
  • Body acceptance. It's still hard, but my periods have come back and I remember why they're such a both. But I'm hoping my body will start to figure itself out.
  • Style. I wore jeans. First time in a year+?
  • Stronger. Doing the LiveFit Trainer, I'm lifting a lot more and I can see gains! When I did BodyPump, I plateaued.
  • Yoga. I've accepted that I don't need to be a total yogi, but I will continue to go.
  • "Rest is not a luxury. It's a necessity!" I actually rest now, especially because I'm following the LiveFit programme (and I wanted to spell it that way).
And now for April goals!
Beyond...
  • Added Bikram yoga back in my life. Go once per week.
  • Take & pass CTEL exam.
  • Apply for a summer position.
  • Apply for some teaching jobs.
  • Add more strength training. Try CrossFit.
As I was perusing my past posts on goals, I saw a picture of myself from September. I've gained since I've moved however, I believe I would have gained all the same as I was gaining before I moved too.

One of my acquaintances works out a lot, but she doesn't particularly look like she does. I'm reminded of this blogger whose about me I bookmarked. That really resonated with me and I keep that in mind as I figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment