Friday, April 6, 2012

Glad I Came: A Light Friday (LiveFit Day 53)

Breakfast kept me pretty full that I wasn't hungry till much later. My lunch was dismal: pieces of chicken over spinach. :/ I was too busy getting Easter candy for my kiddos.

After work, I debated between sushi at Kabuki or tandoori "chicken" at Native Foods Cafe. I knew Kabuki would be packed so I headed out to Native Foods.

I was set on a half-price beer too but to no avail. My tandoori "chicken" was $3.95 or so and I wouldn't pay any more for it.

Four pieces of tofu over mixed greens? Not bad but not great. I had 2 of them and will eat the rest tomorrow.

For dessert, I had a 1/4 cup of Fage 0% with Love Grown granola.

I took a nap and ate a pre-made smoothie: Sunwarrior, 1/2 banana, and almond milk put in the freezer then thawed in the fridge. I liked the consistency.

Then I headed to the gym. I like going Friday nights because it's not packed and I love being one of the only ladies lifting.

It was shoulder day for everyone. The workout took me extra long because the men were using the same weights! :/ I worked myself to failure... ouch.


I warmed up with 10 minutes on the elliptical and went onto run afterwards. Not bad even though I wasn't facing a mirror and pretending I was competing with anyone. Then I heard that the gym closed at 9 (one of the non-24 hour 24 Hour Fitness locations) so I hightailed it outta there.

Something else I've heard: The Wanted's "Glad You Came." I hear these songs on the radio but never know the name of the artists. Pandora has been doing a good job lately. :)

What an interesting mix of guys. Maybe because they're Brits? I remember when boy bands (sorry guys but I'm calling you that) were all much older than me. Now they're younger or look younger - these guys are 23 mostly so not that young.

I intended on eating tilapia over spinach but decided to put it in a tortilla after I saw Healthy Diva Eats' pictures. Tilapia taco: amazing and so satisfying.

I'm fortunate the gym closed at 9 because I made it right in time for "CSI: New York." CSI is the BEST SHOW EVER. I used to love Las Vegas but everyone moved on. I see more Miami than New York so it's nice to catch this one.

2 comments:

  1. Fage Greek yogurt with granola makes an awesome combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through a whole container of it this week... along with my individuals of Chobani!

      Delete