Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Can't help you bro (WIAW & LiveFit Day 65)




I forgot to post last Friday. What was I doing? To think back, I was trying to do a lot but never ended up doing much.

Let's reminisce...

PB Fingers' oatmeal cookie dough overnight oats. Half the recipe for oats and chia seeds but extra milk.

Topped with a little granola.

After a tofu and broccoli lunch, I was still hungry after work. I wanted food, healthy food.

New place in downtown Huntington Beach: North Shore Poke Co.

Their special bowl, regular size with cucumbers. Though it looks small, I didn't get rice to cushion it. The fish was fresh and yummy on top but a little too saucy/salty at the bottom.

I dropped in at Forever 21 to grab this nail polish. I got the heads up from the girl working at the frozen yogurt shop. It's minty but not as bright as my mint sorbet color. Why do my fingers look so stubby??!

I took a quick nap before heading to the gym for LiveFit Day 65. It took me almost 2 hours and I only ran half the sprints. My shoulder started hurting. Overall, parts of my body didn't feel as strong as they once were. I'm confused.

Oh boy, I DO remember how embarrassed I was! A 'bro' asked me to spot him. I gave him the I-really-shouldn't look and said "I don't know." He was sure I could help. Okay, I gave it a try and we were fine the first time. Then I failed to help him with the second rep and he couldn't push the 200+ pounds off. Thankfully, there was another guy there to help.

This is the second time I've attempted to help and failed. It's less about the ability than the positioning. 

I rushed to get some spirits (Skinnygirl Sangria - not that great) to meet up with a friend for study night. Yeah, lame, but I was excited to study since I waste away my weekday nights with fun instead of education. I finished a chapter and we chatted with minimal drinking (I drank 1/3 of a beer).

We also ate faux pork spring rolls (without noodles) and soy chicken from MitAsie, a vegetarian/vegan Vietnamese restaurant. Totally filled me up. Not sure if they use MSG though - I was kind of thirsty. No picture this time, but I'll be going back for those spring rolls!

What are some of your salty snacks? Sometimes I hard boil eggs for snacks.
What are your embarrassing gym moments? We all have them!

2 comments:

  1. I love topping my oats/overnight oats with granola, too! :) Love the color of your nail polish!

    ReplyDelete