Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baking Kristin's Chocolate Chip Cookies

After a bit of pittering and pattering around the house (studying and watching "CSI"), my cousin and I went to Ralphs for their new campaign get real {low prices} @ Ralphs.

I bought some powdered sugar and brown sugar to make cookies. My March Foodie Penpal Kristin e-mailed me her delicious recipe.

I went on a chocolate chip cookie baking binge to find the best one (banana chip, sparkling ginger chip, and gluten free are best) and my February Foodie Penpal Alex of Yums and Loves recently embarked on the venture.

I didn't find a true chocolate chip cookie recipe for my arsenal till I received Kristin's cookies. The mail wasn't nice to them - they were in pieces! - but my cousin and I devoured them all that night.

Kristin was awesome enough to send me to the recipe this past week so I baked them tonight. THANKS KRISTIN!


Kristin's chocolate chip cookies recipe yielded these beauties:


I made a half batch and only baked half of that for a total of 6 cookies. I believe the whole recipe would yield 24 cookies.

Regular ingredients. Unique process? I don't know; I didn't examine this and compare it to other recipes.

All I know is... lots of chocolate chips.

My little cousin poured herself a glass of milk to go with her cookies.

She liked them. Her brother said they just weren't as good as Kristin's.

I had half a cookie and then made myself a protein mug cake. I need a better recipe because this was so rubbery.

Here's my rubbery protein mug cake recipe. HELP!
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tbsp PB2
  • dash of baking soda
  • splash of vanilla
Blogilates' protein cinnamon roll has essentially the same ingredients and when I make that, it is also equally rubbery. Any tips?

What's your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? Favorite cookie recipe?
Do you have microwaveable single-girl dessert suggestions? Share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment