Monday, April 9, 2012

Too much sleep (LiveFit Day 55)

I've slept a lot this week - full nights of sleep with naps. It's an experiment, partially, and I found out quite a few things:
  • I don't need 9 hours of sleep.
  • I DO sleep 8 hours.
  • Naps actually make me more tired.
  • A little less sleep is okay.
All this sleep has left me extremely tired. :( And unfortunately, spring break will allow me more time to rest. I decided against day trips to LA and San Diego because I'll be in both cities later this month.

Instead, I've decided to go to the beach, hike, and hang around nearby.

Breakfast today was a Perfect 10 bagel, Laughing Cow strawberries & cream, and egg whites.

Most stores were open today. After a rendezvous, I had a homemade shrimp 'taco' and watched "Drowning Mona." Of course, I fell asleep.

The movie wasn't that great, but I liked the cast. It seems low-budget and so old even though it was released in 2000.

A few hours later, I woke up, finished the movie, downed a Sunwarrior protein shake, and headed to the gym. Even fewer people.

I wasn't going to, but I had to return the movie anyways, and now I'm on track for Phase 3.

Today was the final day of Week 8 and thus, Phase 2. I'm glad because while I'm getting more sturdy looking, I'm also looking big. :/ I'm okay with it in the short term as my body balances out but would like to see things get along sooner than later. Any more weight scares me...

By the time I got back to the seated cable row and narrow grip pulldown, I was exhausted.


I ran a 9 minute mile after. Only one mile though. I figure I have a day of TurboKick and PiYo to look forward to tomorrow (day off).

I peeked at some of the Phase 3 workouts and am a little excited for some HIIT. I'm not looking forward to plyometrics as much though - sometimes it hurts.

I had shrimp and spinach then some beef stew post-workout then I got sucked into Words with Friends again and saw this ad pop up. This kid looks like he's 13! Creepy...

Time for "Bones" and to rest my bones.

How many hours of sleep do you get?
How much sleep makes me most productive?
What happens when you sleep too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment