Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Day attempts

I finally finished making Valentine's cards for my kids. I started them on Saturday when we had school so I had to finish it up.

I skipped classes on Friday because the hip hop instructor was sick and I really don't like the sub. Instead, I walked around for a little bit because it was nice out, baked, and slept a lot. I think I overdosed on sleep.

Here's how baking went. The red velvet whoopie pies have been the WORSE whoopie pies I've ever made. Sorry Cousin Johnnie's doesn't have a good recipe - maybe it's better at the restaurant - and the frosting didn't turn out as expected. It was eggy and gross and therefore, never made it into the whoopie pies.

I made both green tea cupcakes and red hot velvet cupcakes. I'm showcasing the red velvet cupcakes in this entry because it was part of my V-Day post. The cupcakes turned out dense, but the taste were just right. The frosting was tad complicated for me to finish.

I ended up making pink cookies because I combined the red and white icing of the red & white cookies. They were fluffy, but pretty typical of a cookie otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment