Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's someone's birthday somewhere.

I typically fail at making layer cakes because they never come out of the pan whole. With lots of effort, oil, and flour, I made it happen. It's the Elvis birthday cake! My cakes turned out pretty thin but nonetheless, layers!

One of the qualms I have with layer cake recipes is that they never tell me how much to put in each pan so I measured it out for YOU. I found that four a 3-layer cake, each pan will have about 1 1/3 cup batter.

I used 8 slices of turkey bacon. There was not really enough oil from the bacon to fry my bananas so the Evan Williams bourbon whiskey helped a lot in provided some juices. Peanuts are really optional. I bought a whole container and used few of them.

You can't tell but I had problems with the buttercream like always. I used faux butter so I get this watery mess and even without the mess, my buttercreams turn out pretty buttery even with a cup of peanut butter. By the way, I used The Bee's Knees cause a cake like this calls for honey not just Smooth Operator.

Doesn't it look delicious.

It was pretty good and moist.
I can't wait to tackle my next layer cake! I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment