Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More for Valentine's Day

I absolutely love whoopie pies. Bake it Pretty suggested I bake red velvet cake and since I'm in the whoopie pie mood, how about a compromise? This recipe is from Cousin Johnnie's in Atlanta.


Baked Bakery has some great recipes, especially their brownie and I don't even like brownies. I like this simple twist on red velvet cupcakes: red hot velvet cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream.


Or their red & white cookies. I'm good at these like I am at whoopie pies because black & white and in this case, red & white cookies can be cakey. I make cakey cookies.


Baked once featured a recipe with mayo. Bouchon Bakery, another famed bakery, has cupid cakes that involve mayo. I'm not sure about mayo; I won't even serve it to the kids when they get packets for lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment