Sunday, February 13, 2011

One last thing...

Okay, this is going to be my last post about Valentine's Day so you can take a breath.

I've been single every year. Last year, I spent it with a friend and ate a huge hamburger. Not this year; I'll be at work. I never mind the holiday. I actually enjoy it because well, I enjoy every holiday as a way to celebrate something. It relieves me of the monotony of everyday life.

However, I ordered my favorite co-worker a lovely little bacon-apple Sweetheart Cake from Short Street Cakes.



I had a Groupon in which I paid $10 for $20. Anyways, they're one of the featured shops this year and they're already quite famous. The owner/baker is writing a book due out soon and they just auditioned for "Cupcake Wars."




Here's the story on my favorite co-worker: Ms. Karen is a really important person. You see, we work together for 7 of the 8 hours we work. Okay, it's more like 6 hours if you count each of our 30 minute breaks. Anyways, it's a lot of time each week that we're together. She's hilarious and knowledgeable of how to take care of kids and how to take care of myself. Because she has a daughter my age, I feel okay saying that she's like a stand-in "cool" mom.

Another few people to shout out:
  • My roommate. I made him a card and slipped it under his door. It's a giant pink heart. He's single this year... it's okay roomie.
  • My mom of course
  • Okay, that's it really... I hope I get all sorts of cool little cards from my kids tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment