Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Preparing for fall: movies in & orange food

 

Happy hump day! I haven't been able to sit down all day, but it's good - my workout yesterday kicked by butt, literally!

I've had a couple days off from my nighttime job. Since I studied yesterday, I decided to watch some movies today. I rented "L!fe Happens" and "The Five-Year Engagement."

This cast is just too good to pass up! Add Geoff Stults for eye candy. :)
 
Fall is here according to the stores. Pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin candles have arrived. I don't want to light the candle as much as I want to inhale it.

Besides pumpkin, anything orange like carrot cake reminds me of fall. It's the spices!

These carrot cake protein pancakes were super fluffy and delicious. No protein powder required - just 2 egg whites, 1/4 c. oat flour, 1/4 c. cottage cheese, carrots, cinnamon, and spices. Sans icing.

 

*Check out Complete Care Coaching for tons of other amazing recipes!

Part of my dinner was Powercakes' sweet potato pie. I microwaved half a sweet potato and stuck it in the fridge before adding some coconut oil. I've never had cold sweet potato but this was yummy!

You know what else reminds me of fall? Train's song "Drive By." The video is even more reminiscent of fall.


I'll miss the apple festivals, autumnal foliage, and weather of a Western North Carolina fall, but I will recreate the joy here.

Speaking of places & people I once knew, I'm sending snail mail this week to some friends. This was a "romantic birthday" card but I liked it too much to pass it up!

I haven't seen this particular friend in 7 years, but we keep connected on social media and through texting.

How do you keep in touch with long lost friends without traveling?
What do you look forward to in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment