Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kettlebell lovin' & some links

I remember the first time I heard about kettlebells. I was in college and my roommate and I were into MMA. We watched a training video with Roy "Big Country" Nelson.

Yes, this is him. The guy on the left.

He's actually quite strong and has amazing cardio.

Both he and his wife use kettlebells. Results vary.
 
(source

So how is he "Big Country" with such training? He likes fast food. Plain and simple.

His wife, on the other hand, is more inspiring. Today's workout was a kettlebell workout from, yes, The Hybrid Athlete.

Kettlebells Are A Girl's Best Friend
Warm-up
2 rounds, 30 seconds each
Body weight squat
Jumping jacks 
Arm circles Front kicks
Alternate lunges

Training
5 rounds
20x kettlebell swings
15x deadlift high-pull
10x 15x thrusters
15x weighted sit-ups
5x push-ups
5x burpees

Then, 10 minutes stair climber at level 10-11.

Cool down
~5 minutes foam rolling

10 minutes on the stair climber was done with ease. 10 was slow so I upped it to 11. Then I gave myself an adequate amount of time to foam roll.

Kettlebells have been a favorite of mine for a long time. I feel so hardcore.

I have a boxing glove on my keys, but I really don't "kickbox" as much as I TurboKick. I want a kettlebell instead. :)
 

This is less intimidating. The designer is local so I'll get this in person at the next Patchwork Indie Arts & Crafts Festival.
 
(source)

More healthy stuff

Workouts
Other reads

No comments:

Post a Comment