Monday, September 17, 2012

A Day in the Life: Getting meaty & finding lost time

My arms. They're starting to look meatier. It's not just the wiggly fat either... even thought that's still there.

Whenever I get a chance, I work arms because the rest of my body gets a workout on a normal basis - kickboxing and boot camps works heavily on the bottom half.

I arrived early to TurboKick to sign up for class and to fit in at least 20 minutes of arms. It's the same thing usually - bicep curls, tricep extensions, dips... in different ways.

Afterwards, I was starved and didn't stay for yoga afterwards. I stretched a little bit before heading home.

First things first, drink protein mixed with flax milk.

I purchased the protein this morning at Mother's Market. I usually go with Sunwarrior when there's a deal on OpenSky (credit + free shipping), but OpenSky requires a $50 minimum purchase to use credit now. Lame.

Actually, Sunwarrior wouldn't cost much more at the store, but it is more expensive overall. Instead, I bought MRM 100% All Natural Whey in vanilla.


I've used it before and liked the cost and stats. It has L-Glutamine, which I've been thinking about taking along with BCAAs. Yeah, there's just too many supplements that could help - I stick to the most recommended ones. 

The protein actually gave me a stomach ache because I didn't have anything in my belly. Wrong order of things I guess. I quickly showered so I could eat dinner.

Okay, Lindsey blogged her day and I thought to do mine to see what I really do in a day/how much time I waste because I clearly did not study today.

8-8:30 A.M. Wake up to alarm. Get ready. Change clothes because I always change before I eat otherwise I feel uncomfortable getting into clothes.

8:30-9:30 A.M. Cooked breakfast of oatmeal protein pancakes with half a container applesauce. Warmed flax milk and coffee with pumpkin syrup to drink. Made lunch too.

9:30-10:15 A.M. Run errands. Bank and Mother's today.

10:30-2:30 P.M. Work. Weird schedule this week with minimum day on Wednesday.

12:15-12:45 P.M. Eat lunch while working in the office. I put rotisserie chicken & carrots over Power to the Greens and drizzled on Walden Farms' balsamic vinaigrette.

2:45 P.M. Stop by Trader Joe's and fail at finding pumpkin Greek yogurt. I should've purchased more than one because they're all out now! :(

3 P.M. Go by the house to heat up a spicy jalapeno chicken sausage and grab lite string cheese for afternoon snack.

3:30 P.M. Wait in a ridiculously long line at the post office to mail package.

4:00-5:45 P.M. Rest at home. Is that really all I did? Hmm. I did enjoy another pumpkin coffee.


5:45 P.M. Eat the other half container of applesauce (from breakfast) and a few pieces of Endangered Species hazelnut toffee dark chocolate.

6:00 P.M. 20 minutes of arm workouts.

6:30-7:45 P.M. TurboKick class that was killer. I was exhausted by the end. Stretch.

8:30 P.M. Leftover rotisserie chicken breast meat (1/2 a breast) with Power to the Greens and less than 1/4 avocado on a Sonoma carb cutting tortilla spread with Laughing Cow garlic and herbs.
9:30 P.M. "Dessert" was half a sweet potato with some peanut butter after I took an adventure to look at a house.

9:45-10:30 P.M. Play with a visiting 2.5-year old.

10:30-now Using the computer...

12 A.M. Go to sleep?

Where do you waste the most time in your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment