Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How I had a productive day/a bill becomes a law

Yesterday I talked about "How to have a productive day" in my book, and talking about it made me do it.
  • Start the day off with a workout. It was yoga, but nonetheless, it was a workout. I did some a round of booty to warm up a la Tone It Up. And after dinner, I took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.
  • Pack lunch and dinner, if necessary. I packed another chicken salad. Its been salads galore over here. I bought kind bars as snacks - they were on sale for $1 each!
  • Study. I studied a whole chapter after work today! I have 2 more to go and intend to finish it by Sunday night. Then it'll be reviewing until November!
  • Read for fun. I borrowed Life of Pi from the school's library to read along with my student. I'm sneaking in an hour of reading after I watch "The New Normal" and "The New Girl." 
  • Keep hulu to a minimal. See above.
  • Sleep 8 hours. This didn't happen. I slept maybe 6.5 hours, but I didn't succumb to a nap. I drank tea and did dishes to stay up. Wow.
I had an extra hour to do some work too. My students are working on an assignment in which they make a board game on "How a bill becomes a law."
 

Of course the first thing that comes to my mind is the Schoolhouse Rock.

What's your favorite Schoolhouse Rock video? "I'm Just A Bill" is my favorite or "Conjunction Junction."

1 comment:

  1. Well, I definitely have to check out that recipe, sounds delicious. Way to go with setting goals and getting things done!

    ReplyDelete