Monday, September 26, 2011

Upscale people's bites, maybe

South Orange County has become quite nice. The first 4-5 years of my life was spent there till we moved to the bustling middle. Now I wish we hadn't moved as this area becomes congested and the sparser areas now have more development.

I made a trip to check out Krazy Eddie's Donuts in Laguna Hills. By the time I got there, there weren't many donuts left. Lots of bagels. This is a jalapeno bagel with tomato basil cream cheese. The couple bites I took were not amazing. :(


Frostings Cupcakes was down the road so I stopped by for cookies and cream. Awesome cupcake: moist and filled with cookies and cream down to the core.


When I actually ate, I stopped by Mother's Market for a slice of organic and whole wheat pizza. Delicious.


For dessert, yogurt from Active Culture. Since I had bites of the cupcake earlier, I went with less. The view was gorgeous.



I ended up walking around downtown Laguna Beach for about an hour, discovering the quirky shops and cafes.



My second cupcake of the day was from Casey's Cupcakes. I was excited for a peanut butter filled one, but it was rather disappointing. The cake was dry and the frosting was a PB buttercream that was less peanut buttery and more buttery. :(


My last stop was on the way home as I drove up Pacific Coast Highway: Seaside Bakery in Newport Beach. I tried to go awhile back, but it was PACKED. I went for a jalapeno croissant with ham and cheese. The lady warmed it up and I ate half before finally heading home.



Good food. Though, I need a weekend job to take my mind off food. I mean, I did drive down there and never do. :( I paid for it the next day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment