Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Learning in progress

It's Hump Day and I'm excited because after dinner (Blogilates pho recipe again), I'm heading to Ikea to check out some digs. I haven't been there at all since I've come back. Despite some of its less than sturdy furniture, there are things that aren't shabby. Though I'm going to be craigslisting the heck out of Orange County for some good stuff.

Why, you ask? Our home selling in North Carolina means we're getting something here. It'll be in a less than ideal location because of the price difference in California. Duh. But we figured if we don't buy, we won't ever have such funding again. It's not mine per se, but as an only child, it eventually will be.

Unlike the bad choices I made with our last house, at 18!, I've come a long way now and know a bit more about quality. Since we're in the market for something cheaper, mom has to settle on an older house which is my preference anyways. :) We'll also plan and do without while we save and look for pieces we want... instead of buying pieces right away.

More about all this later when it more or less materializes, but a girl can dream for now AND go to Ikea.

Back to reality, I woke up later today due to all the house searching last night. I made a protein-packed pumpkin breakfast cookie this morning. Kind of. It was gooey but still good.


I rode my bike to work - 3 miles. The ride was tough due to the wind and a tad bit of drizzle. Work was awesome as usual. I have to print a picture of a muskrat to prove they exist.


And I'm going to check out books on mountains. The kids learned about it today and I am fascinated. :) The Rockies last summer:


The bike ride home was nice. More leisurely, warmer, and less windy. :)

One last thing: new to me almond milk for pumpkin spice lattes at home and a Diet Hansen's tangerine lime soda. I like both. The price for the milk is cheap especially since it's organic. Though the diet soda is made from Splenda, I got it because Zevia is so carbonated.

No comments:

Post a Comment