Saturday, September 24, 2011

Balanced with salads

After a long time at the family gathering, I ended up eating mostly the stuff we brought: cabbage with shrimp and chicken. I also tried some noodles that ended giving me a stomach ache. No eating food that we don't make anymore - they definitely got it from a restaurant.

I ventured out for a sweet treat, donuts at The Donuttery. Of course, I only nibbled on the top. I went big though and got a red velvet with cream cheese frosting that was actually ruined by the frosting. The other one is an apple one that lacked apple flavor. Sad. :( Actually, both were quite good but not by my standards for THEM.


My other stop was the Farmer's Harvest in search of beer! I nabbed a few more pumpkin beers tonight: Buffalo Bill's Brewery America's Original Pumpkin Ale, Unita Brewing Co's Punk'n, and Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. Yes, in my cup holder - illegal!


Reviews are up at BeerAdvocate.

The Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale I tried yesterday got a C+. My rating: D, for not tasting like pumpkin.

Buffalo Bill's garnered a C, Unita got a C+, and Dogfish scored highest with a B+.

Dinner is leftover cabbage with shrimp and chicken. To finish it off, I'm trying the Indian Wells Brewing Co. Spicy Pumpkin Ale.


It's lighter and smells a little more like pumpkin. However, BeerAdvocate only gave it a D. I'm giving it a higher rating though, like a solid B.

No comments:

Post a Comment