Sunday, May 22, 2011

Things I do besides sleep.

I started the morning off at 6AM. For some reason, my body decided to wake up at 5:58 and couldn't get back to sleep. I've been having tons of trouble sleeping and it's essential to getting my hot body! :( Last night, for example, my heart was racing so I couldn't sleep.

Since I was up and awake, I decided to stay awake. I realized that I couldn't bring champagne or wine to Sugarbomb Bakery's birthday brunch because I can't buy alcoholic beverages till noon. I had to bring something and I didn't want to bake since they're bakers. Instead, I searched for recipes this morning. I found an easy one from Oh She Glows' own birthday party: The Union Square Cafe's bar nuts. It was easy though I couldn't serve them warm.

I bought double the amount of nuts I needed to make a big batch. I didn't have any Earth Balance on hand but lucky for me, it was on sale for $2 for a tub of whipped organic!

Okay, the process is easy: put nuts on baking sheet, bake at 350 for 10 minutes, mix rosemary/brown sugar/cayenne/sea salt in bowl, toss nuts in bowl, finished.



Then I headed to the gym to listen to a Jillian Michaels podcast while biking for 30 minutes. It was a good one with a called like me... there always is. I went to yoga also and headed out to brunch.

I chatted with some really friendly people with awesome tattoos, ate lots of good food (asapargus, cucumber slices, vegan mushroom scramble, tempeh sausage pastry puffs, biscotti/mini muffin/apple tartin, and a mimosa). It was good and I felt pretty healthy.

So of course I'm full and super tired so I believe that a second workout today isn't necessary. What would be better for my body would be a nap, a good long nap whenever I can. Yesterday's attempt at a nap was a failure and that's just insane.

I've got to blog first though. Oh yeah, my roommate is in the living room enjoying his lunch from Nine Mile that I ordered him.

No comments:

Post a Comment