Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sugar, we're breaking up.

After delivering chocolate PB cupcakes and strawberry lemonade cupcakes off to the American Cancer Society offices, I decided that I'm eliminating my last vice once and for all. I cut out French fries and for awhile, PB. It's all doable. I mean, I'm here with a ton of weight loss.

Last night, as I was baking, I listened to a Jillian Michaels' podcast in which she says there is no such thing as a plateau. There's no such thing as can't, only won't. However, she does say that there is only a plateau when your body is healthy and you're only trying to lose vanity pounds (less than 20 pounds). If that's the case, yes, I'm trying to lose vanity pounds, but I don't believe in plateaus. There must be something wrong when I gain so much in such a short amount of time for few reasons... though I realize I lost too much too fast also.

Anyways, my one last vice: sugar. I was okay when I wasn't baking. I was still eating sweets though which I shouldn't. It's a self-control issue and I need to get myself in control.

I'm sharing a picture because every post needs one.


This is me a year ago, almost exactly. I was at the same weight I am now except I'm more fit today. In terms of health, I'm trying to figure out how to make sure my body's not cannibalizing itself anymore so I can build muscle.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds and maintain it because anything less than 115 I've realized makes me look freakish and scary. I'm built with tiny arms that just look gross if I lose too much yet my legs look normal. I'll just have to deal, but this picture is being posted to remind me that I still look good and I don't need to lose too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment