Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WIAW: Stuffed and shoes!





What I didn't eat.
My co-worker got the daily free Sprinkles cupcake. Too many sprinkles for me, and she said it was a little overcooked. :/


What I did eat.
I've been eating this low carb peanut butter frozen yogurt every time I work my night job. It's 8 calories and 2 carbs per ounce.


After a huge bowl of egg white oats, I wasn't hungry for lunch but still ate my 2 chicken, hummus, and spinach wrapped in seaweed/nori.


Pre-work frozen yogurt then it wasn't till 6 when I ate dinner: pollack, 1/2 sweet potato, & sweet mini peppers.

The sweet potato is so good with nut butter. PowerCakes has a recipe with coconut oil. The perfect compromise: my new Earth Balance peanut butter & coconut spread!


I finally got hungry (or just not stuffed) and craved some pizza after work - just 2 hours later - and ate a slice of zpizza's Napoli pizza.

 
(source

Other eats [from Monday]


 


And... new shoes!
Yesterday morning I went to Zumba and boy is my rhythm off! My feet hurt too - not wide enough sneakers. I vowed to finally buy a pair of New Balances after having read tons of reviews in the past few months.

No luck at the New Balance store. I was disappointed and walked over to Sport Chalet. They had the shoes!

New Balance WX20
Not the best picture of my (c)ankles.

They're not the wide ones, but New Balance makes their standard wider than others. Note: they are also shorter in length than others though.

I was excited to try them in TurboKick so I went. Without socks. The shoe salesperson suggested it. My feet rubbed against the fabric and it stung! :(

Regular athletic socks are too thick so I tested out the shoes with a pair of cheap novelty socks. Winner. I wore them all day and my feet didn't hurt!

I'm testing the shoes out for everyday wear and working out this week. I know you're not technically supposed to use them for both, but if they work out so well, I'll buy another pair.

Did I mention these were $50 at Sport Chalet yet $75 at New Balance and $80 on zappos.com?!

What's your favorite sweet potato condiment?
Favorite condiment in general?
What are your go-to shoes? I used to wear Nike Free XT before I got a pair of the Nike Motion Fit. The latter are too slim.

13 comments:

  1. I tried that coconut peanut spread, and to be honest, it was too coconutty for me! I have made my own Maple Coconut Peanut Butter before, but you can get the same idea (and better flavor, I think) by just stirring coconut oil into your favorite peanut butter. :)

    Delicious yummy food though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I'm not good at making peanut butter- not enough patience I guess. Do you have a recipe for your maple coconut PB?

      Delete
  2. I don't really have a favorite go to shoe in general but my favorite running shoe is Saucony. I love peanut butter froyo!

    [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to wear the casual Sauconys Bullets! I forgot about that shoe but loved it and wore them all the time. Also had a pair of casual Asics. May need them for everyday wear. Not a lot of cushioning but it worked especially for my Zumba days.

      Delete
  3. Your eats all look so good, especially the shrimp dish. I am a huge Mizuno fan, I only run in them but I used to have a pair of Saucony's just to wear around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those being so soft. I'm looking at their site now for styles.

      Delete
  4. OMG, I LOVE sprinkles cupcakes! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second job is nearby and they have a secret code everyday. I've resisted! Once in awhile, I get one. Salted caramel has been my favorite!

      Delete
  5. Glad that the cupcake isn't here because I love me some sprinkles (well, we call those chocolate ones 'jimmies' around here heheh)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you from? I heard it's regional.

      Delete
  6. Okay so I just tried that peanut butter with coconut last week and omg it was so good...I got the crunchy kind instead of the creamy and I went through the jar in a week! All of your eats look yummmmmy!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut butter, froyo, pizza, and sweet potatos = my kind of what I ate wednesday. Yum ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that EVERYDAY, but I have to switch it up!

      Delete