Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thematic May: Make a Move, Mantra, and Smoothie

I'm obsessed with all these May themes. Meals and Moves is hosting "Move More In May," Healthy Diva Eats has "Mantra May," and Fitnessista makes a "Smoothie a Day in May.

Smoothie a Day in May
So far, I'm rocking with the smoothies. It's so easy with the warmer weather.

The orange dreamsicle flavor is my favorite. I just put it in some Sunwarrior.

Just some spinach, Sunwarrior, and frozen raspberries:

I had a protein shake this morning, but since I haven't eaten enough, I made myself a protein smoothie with a quick buy of Jay Robb's strawberry protein and way too much liquid (almond milk & water). It's not quite a smoothie - I'll try harder tomorrow.

Move More In May
Tuesday - Tested out my new shoes by running to and from the car to my destination.
Wednesday - Nothing really :(
Thursday - Ran 1.1 miles to and from the gym for a total of 2 miles!

I stand most days at my morning job and of course I stand at night!

Mantra May
I need a mantra and a cool picture. I'm focusing on relaxation since I start Bikram tomorrow.

Other
Another May activity I want to try is the May BodyRock.TV Challenge with Fitting It All In. Unfortunately, I haven't even done the fit test! :( I'll catch up tomorrow morning and the normally 12 minute workouts will constitute as a whole workout.

And today...
BodyRock was the one who finally inspired me to buy a Gymboss timer and it's my favorite toy. I used it yesterday for the infamous Spartacus workout. Instead of 1 minute on, 15 seconds off, I went with 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off. It does come out a little short, but I wanted to prevent injury by easing myself back into circuit training.

Truth: For my midday snack, I had more low carb peanut butter froyo (a lot of it) and a the no carb, no sugar Rockstar energy drink... not that it makes it okay though. I was super tired - I kept nodding off when the teacher was lecturing the kids - and needed to survive my second job.

Good thing I started off my morning with an amazing breakfast. I was skeptical about oatless oats. I made them using Carrot N Cakes' recipe last night and microwaved them in the morning.
 
 *To make my bowl, I used 4 medium egg whites whisked with 1/2 c milk, 3/4 mashed banana, 1 tbsp flax, and vanilla extract. I can't believe how good this was!

Besides your own May goals, are you following any themes like this? I tried to do those photo a days but I always fail.  I took some pictures for the April photo a day and will post them next!

No comments:

Post a Comment