Thursday, January 6, 2011

Let's try foam rolling

I read an article in Women's Health and loved the tip from Ashley Borden to avoid "mirror" syndrome in which you only train what you see. I don't like what I'm seeing in the front but my backside and sides look okay, which is kind of weird, but in any case, she also advocates the use of a foam roller for myofascial release. I tried it out the other day for a bit. Now I'm reading about it and watching videos on it.

Apparently, it can get rid of fat knees. Yes, that is a problem I have that I never knew I really did. When I was thin, it wasn't a big concern though they were kind of large. I want to be even and balanced rather than dense in some areas and soft in others.

In addition to working with the foam roller tomorrow, I want her book, The Perfect Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment