Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gym reopened on day off #2

Brunch - Roots Cafe thai wrap that I got on sale from West Village and Deli
Dinner - Fiber One w/ Silk almond milk, 1/2 banana, and dried fruits/nuts

2-3:30PM - hot yoga
Went home to get sneakers because I saw that the gym was open and roads were especially clear so I knew they'd have classes
4:30-5PM - foam roller/myofascial release in which another guy came in to do the same so I asked him about it - yay for learning
5-5:50PM - Zumba
6-6:50PM - Weights class

Happy body: Left shoulder has been strained, but for some reason, I was able to lift more today and do the T extensions with medium sized (2.5 kg) weights! :)

Oh yes, I decided to get Jillian Michaels' The 30-Day Shred video. I picked it up from Barnes & Noble. When I got there, I found out that it's buy 2, get the 3rd free so I also got Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" and Bob Harper's "Inside Out Method: Body Rev Cardio Conditioning." I chose these based on reviews from Fit Bottomed Girls. These will be great for snow days, holidays, travel, and Sunday mornings when there's only spin! I'll review them as I go.





I'm also excited to mention that I'm planning to join Transformation 2011 at my gym. It's a contest, but basically, I'm joining because I'm up for a challenge. I realized I like to challenge my body and see what it can do for the most part... without killing myself of course. I don't back down from challenges, but mostly, I hate feeling like I'm not capable. I may not win the 90-day challenge though they say they'll take into account the following:
  • weight
  • body fat percentage
  • amount of classes I attend
  • whenever I work out at the gym overall
  • inches maybe?
I'm doubtful I'll win if it's all about weight since I don't have much below my weight. I know there are a lot of fatter people... I'm not that insane. I think I'm above where I should be though and that's where body fat percentage comes in. I'd like to know where I am and lose body fat and inches. This will keep me accountable and make sure I go to classes. No more machines! And if no classes, I can do my new DVDs! :)

Workday tomorrow so I'll be in from 9-4 thanks to Yancey's car. He'll be back tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment