Sunday, November 18, 2012

What's For [Thanksgiving] Dinner?

Be proud! I bought real food this week because I wanted to make myself a Thanksgiving meal. That meant buying [ground] turkey, quinoa, chicken sausage, etcetera. No worries - I did also find molasses to make some gingerbread goodies too.

Groceries - $39.22

  • Eggs - $1.89
  • Trader Joe's organic red quinoa - $3.99
  • Bananas - $0.57
  • Trader Joe's chicken jalapeno sausage - $3.99
  • Oat flour - $3.49
  • Luna bar (w/ coupon) - $0.49
  • Shirataki noodles - $0.99
  • Dried cranberries - $1.08
  • Pure almond extract - $2.99
  • Ground turkey - $5.49
  • 3 lbs organic sweet potatoes - $2.50
  • Chicken broth - $0.59
  • Molasses - $2.27
  • thinkThin bar - $0.50
  • bulk 'n buy - $4.74
  • Frozen yogurt + tip - $3.65
 Other - $18.56
  • Send package - $11.35
  • 6-pack soda - $3.46
  • Starbucks - $3.75
Gas - $40.00

Total - $97.78


Breakfasts
Almond joy pancakes
Gingerbread pancakes
Apple pie protein waffles

Entrees
Fitnessista's Cranberry Quinoa "Stuffing"
Browned butter sweet potato casserole
PBFingers' Thai turkey meatballs with savory blueberry jam

Snacks
My Favorite Ginger Tea Bread from the former Bake It Pretty owner
Spunky monkey pumpkin pie
Trader Joe's peanut butter Fiberful bars

Bonus recipe I'll make this week! *I can't buy every single cookbook and magazine so I'll take pictures of the recipe and file them away. Make sure to note the publication for later, just in case.
 

I few treats I spied at the stores:
  • Theo gingerbread chocolate

  • (source)
  • Apple cider caramels
What's on your Thanksgiving menu? How many are you feeding? I'm just cooking for myself. I'll be eating turkey, sweet potatoes, and maybe cornbread for the week!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that gingerbread chocolate milk sounds so good! I need to get the ingredients for gingerbread cookies, too... they are one of my favorite holiday cookies!

    ReplyDelete