Friday, November 9, 2012

High Five Friday: Break

I deserve a High Five for getting through this week!


I'm exhausted. Annoyed even.

On Wednesday, I headed to the school early to watch a world history class. Had a few laughs in a good class.

Then I walked over to work. It ended up being such a tough day with the kids. They listened to a story on tape for 45 minutes. I'm not much of an audio reader either so it was tough for all of us. The students weren't listening and started acting up.

I spent all of 30 minutes running around getting my time card filled out. For some reason, I cannot seem to remember this year!

My second class was much better but I was already too tired. I had a snack and took a quick 30 minute nap before heading to the gym.

This was the gym at 5:30. Not at soul. I took advantage and used this machine: seated row. I had the idea of working my back today so I included this and bent over rows.

Another shot of the weights downstairs. It's clean and well-equiped... I'm a lucky duck.

I still gravitated towards the free weights though. I played with the parallel bars and kettlebells of course. I even got to take a picture of myself for the necessary gym photo. :)

I love kettlebell training. Low impact but high intensity.

Testing out my balance on the Bosu ball. Yikes, its gotten bad!

I spent 30 minutes playing around till barre class. Or should I say booty barre. The class was packed as was the spin class but no one using weights.

We all went without socks and it worked out, except my feet did hurt later. I was sweaty after the floor routine and a little weak/inflexible on the barre.

I was starving for a pumpkin spice protein muffin from Blonde Ponytail. Be warned: this thing gets HUGE, and it's delicious!

Its been a long week. I'm glad it's Friday and except for yoga and some walking, today's a rest day.

Today's to-do list:
  • Observe world history class & work
  • Pick up book from library
  • Pick up mail
  • Some early grocery shopping?
  • Foodie PenPal shopping
  • Small birthday gift shopping
  • Study!
Do you workout without shoes? I never work out with shoes at home. My feet appreciate it.
When do you go to the gym? How packed does it get? I go to 24 Hour Fitness so it gets packed in the morning and at night. Some gyms are different depending on their location. There are two that get insanely busy from 7-9 P.M. Lots of younger people. I like to go in the morning, after work (3 P.M.), or at the latest, 6:30 to avoid all the people.

Are you excited about the holiday/days off? I love my job, but I need a break!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up girl :) xoxoxox

    I always go to the gym in the mornings. Lately, I've been loving it at 11:00 am :)

    ReplyDelete