Athletic training yesterday + wall sit + yoga this morning = sore inner thighs
Let's celebrate! Getting my inner thighs to be sore is tough business. Sure I do sumo squats and lunges a lot but it somehow doesn't work enough.
So what worked? A mix of everything and lots of it. We did so many lunges, jump squats, mud runs, hops, skips, shuffles, etcetera yesterday and then held so many crescent lunges today. I also did a 2:26 wall sit. Another one tonight to beat my time.
Good thing I have a day off. I came home and napped for half an hour. It felt so good.
I read a bit before dinner and have succumbed to hulu. There's so much to watch: "The Mindy Project," "The New Normal," "The New Girl," and "Bones!" Yikes, I'm in trouble. Plan: Study leisurely while watching. :) Does this work for anyone? It takes me longer but I prefer it.
And then more reading.
Survive on $35 (for food) update: I bought some snacks to share with my kids and much-need BOGO flax milk. I'm up to $40. ForgottenBeast goes with a $40 grocery budget too - it's a little more realistic. *Although a big chunk of my budget was used for protein powder this week.
I was able to make Kiss My Broccoli's Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cake for One. This is the best microwave protein cake ever! I want another one!
Another quick snack: dark chocolate pretzels from the bulk bin. I'm not usually a fan but a couple are perfect.
I love reading blogs/posts. Here are some quality ones I'm lovin'.
- A Morning Ritual Challenge - I wake up at 7 every morning and feel rushed to hit the gym. If I slept a little earlier (11 P.M.) and set everything out for the next day, my mornings would feel so much better. My morning ritual: 30 minutes to drink tea or coffee and read. Same thing 30 minutes before bed.
- 10 Tips to Finding Your Happy Place
- Top 8 Non-Food Items You Need To Live Lean
- Want To Change Your Body? - Eat real food and less protein powder.
- 10 Things I Know About the Number On The Scale - Everything is true.
- 100 Healthy Tips - So much good stuff.
Our bust has tissue paper over his eyes, which I'm guessing is a way for him to give us privacy. Weird.
What's the best microwave protein cake you've ever made?
Do you have a morning ritual?