Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Night Football

My co-worker Alison and I started texting early this morning to wear our awesome new socks and meet up before the assembly.

I was so excited, I took today as a rest day to run errands and buy new sneakers. I saw the green Reebok CrossFit Nanos on sale and went to Sport Chalet to pick them up. :) They were super comfortable all day.

Today was a big deal because it's the Bell Game, the big rivalry between my high school and the high school where I work now. The winner gets a real bell and we have a giant inflatable bell too.

It's hard not to get sucked in. The students lined the schools with posters.

They were extremely detailed like the one below:

I wore my cousin's tank top, which she ended up giving me. In these outfits, we look like teenagers ourselves.

After work, I went by Costco to pick up butternut squash ravioli and chips for tailgating with our department. We have tons of leftovers since the group ended up being small.

My cousin and I also stopped by my little cousin's pep squad pizza get-together to show some support.


She cheered at the game while we watched. Though we went to the rival school, I've completely given my heart away to my new school. *I never liked high school much, which is surprising since my dream is to work in one.

Plus, my high school hasn't won the bell since I was a senior in high school. Tonight, we clinched our 8th win: 21-3.

What extras does your job include? Cook-offs, team sports, etc.
Do you hang out with your co-workers?

No comments:

Post a Comment