Sunday, October 14, 2012

Budget week 2 + Meal Plan Sunday

This past week proved to be tougher than last. My late night trip to buy bulk snacks and frozen yogurt wasn't cheap. Most of my groceries were snacks thanks to the chicken my mom buys every week and the things we already have in our cupboard. :) It's very clear that I can live on less than $40 a week in groceries.

Gas also got expensive out here this week but $40 got be through. I worked less at my night job, which is kind of far, and rode my bike to work one day.

Groceries - $42.30
  • cottage cheese (2) - $5.28
  • black beans - $0.89
  • pumpkin spice rooibos tea - $3.99
  • pumpkin Greek yogurt (3) - $3.87
  • frozen yogurt (for my cousin and I) - $5.80
  • dark chocolate pretzels + almonds + gummy bears + Clif bar (for my cousin) - $8.70
  • ranch tortilla popchips - $2.99
  • pumpkin spice pudding mix - $0.94
  • Biscoff spread - $2.78 
  • Stevia soda - $0.58
  • chili limon popchips - $2.98
  • pumpkin - $1.00
  • pumpkin English muffins - $2.50
Other - $14.89
  • Undisclosed item but it's not dirty I promise - $8.92
  • Folder (for mom) - $1.05
  • Baking for my kids - $4.92
Gas - $40.00

Total - $97.19

This week, I bought more real food. See, there's spaghetti squash and ground beef and brussel sprouts.

I've never eaten brussel sprouts. The first thing I did: add them to my egg white this morning.
 


Groceries - $37.84
  • all purpose flour - $2.99
  • spaghetti squash - $2.29
  • ground beef - $4.69
  • shaved brussel sprouts - $2.29
  • apple cinnamon sticks (2) - $4.98
  • pumpkin (2) - $2.98
  • pasta sauce - $2.99
  • can of stevia soda - $0.91
  • Crofter's raspberry spread - $0.99
  • multigrain pancake mix - $0.67
  • applesauce 4-pack - $0.99
  • Yogurtland (for my cousin) - $2.62
  • PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful - $3.19
  • Ghiradelli chocolate - $2.49
  • salad dressing - $2.77
Other - $20.65

  • Foodie penpal package mailing - $11.35 
  • 2 foil cake pans - $1.09
  • white chocolate - $2.29
  • dry shampoo - $5.92
Gas - $40.49

Total - $98.98


Breakfasts
pumpkin English muffin + 2 egg whites
oatmeal protein pancake

Lunches/Dinners
spaghetti squash pasta with meatballs
fettucini Hungry Girlfredo + chicken
cranberry avocado salad + chicken 
standard chicken salad
chicken spring rolls

Sides
sweet potato

Snacks
pumpkin amazeballs
homemade pumpkin Greek yogurt
pumpkin cheesecake mousse
peanut butter pumpkin protein cake
Trader Joe's cinnamon apple sticks
popchip tortilla chips

And, I'm thinking about this...
pumpkin loaf

Have you eaten brussel sprouts? What's your favorite way to eat them?



3 comments:

  1. I dont live on my own yet so I dont have a budget. But when I do move out, I'm excited to see how well I can do with a budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great with that budget! I've been making lots of no-bake balls lately, I need to check out those pumpkin ones...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brussel sprouts. Sautéed in olive oil is awesome!

    Amazing how well you budget. And your pumpkin loaf looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete