Tuesday, November 26, 2013

WIAW: Is it really fall?


My cold feet and taste buds think it's fall, but when I look outside, the blue skies make me yearn for fresh seafood (ceviche the other night, seared tuna Tuesday).

The last few days, I've made Blogilates' carrot cake in a mug for dessert or even breakfast. I subbed almond flour for 1/2 almond, 1/2 oat flour or all oat flour.

My aunt bought me a new pan. I use the same one over and over again!

So I used it and a pot to make some chicken chili over oven baked sweet potatoes!

The 99 cent store carries the Milka brand of chocolate, a perfect sweet treat.

The weather here is still good, abet a little cold considering the blue skies. My friend Vanessa and I had lunch at The Cliff Restaurant in Laguna Beach. The restaurant overlooks the ocean. I got the blackened yellowfin tuna - nothing special but not bad either.

Afterwards, we went to Victoria Beach, a secluded portion of Laguna Beach.

I snuck a photo of a cute couple. See them?

There was a little tower (like part of a castle) and someone's private entrance to the beach.

Wouldn't it be nice to live here?

Sky on fire.


Took the easy route and microwaved it. Not bad.

We also both looked at this sign and noticed that's not right...

What's the weather like where you are?
What are your favorite fall foods?

2 comments:

  1. I do a microwave protein carrot cake - will have to check hers out for tweaking ideas. :)

    That sky is gorgeous! It's cold and raining here. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of the beach! I'm loving that sunset.

    I didn't know that Vitatop made pizza. Interesting.

    I live in Northern California and it has been surprisingly sunny here. I'm waiting for the rain to come on full force.

    ReplyDelete