We don't celebrate much here, but I'm going to a Friendsgiving on Saturday so I'll get my turkey and fixins' then.
I'm thankful for...
- Health. I stress healthy eating and exercise all the time. I have convince myself it's not for aesthetics. I'm already healthy. I can run, hike, lift, and I have no ailments or deficiencies!
- Having enough. I still have student debts and I'm incurring more by going back to school, but my day-to-day life is not marred by them. I'm fortunate to have work too, even if it's sporadic.
- Mom. Our relationship has always been rocky, but we are working through it. I'm growing up too and learning that in the end, she's really all I have.
- Friends, the long lasting ones. Even after years of not seeing them or talking to them, we can pick up where we left off.
- My car. Mollie said this, and I'm thankful everyday for a car.
- My phone. Sure, I just lost it, but it made me realize how thankful I am to have an iPhone and how thankful I am to be able to get a new one within 2 days. Interestingly enough, I was able to go without for a day and it was okay.
- Food choices. I get to choose my food. I get to buy and make what I feel like eating.Today's lunch: open-faced salmon sandwich & some of this gluten-free mac & cheese from green2go. Not bad but not great.
Oh She Glow's homemade "Rolo" knockoffs with date caramel
- Warm weather. I miss the snow and even getting snowed in with friends, but I don't mind not driving in the snow or the possibility of losing electricity.
- Where I live. It's not a big deal. I could live anywhere, but I
like having things so close by. There's a lack of nature, but I can
drive less than an hour to some parks and forget I'm in the suburbs. I
can also drive to L.A. and San Diego for day trips. As for everywhere
else I'd rather live, I can visit. :)
Today's adventure: Carbon Canyon in Brea.A short 1 mile hike there to see the only Coastal Redwoods in the area.Stoked!I spent a good 45 minutes taking pictures......and relaxing among the trees. There was so much space between them!
After my afternoon siesta, I went for a walk and ended up at TJ Maxx nearby. I love sweets, but I cannot stand sweet scents. I loved this quirky candle:
I had chicken chili for breakfast and dinner - so many leftovers - but I made myself a pumpkin mug cake for dessert. This is essentially my pumpkin oatmeal protein pancake with less stress to keep it in pancake shape and much faster too. :)
Pumpkin mug cakeCake:
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- pumpkin pie spice, as needed
- baking powder, as needed
Put all cake ingredients in a mug and beat with fork. Microwave 1:30-2 minutes on medium. Let cool while making frosting. Flip over mug, cut cake like you would an English muffin and spread with frosting. Eat.
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- stevia, to taste
I'm bound to have this today too!
How are you staying active on Thanksgiving? I'm heading to yoga in the morning, or doing something at home if I want to watch the Macy's Day Parade.
What food item are you in charge of?
What else will you be doing? Football perhaps? No football here, but I will be watching "Catching Fire."