Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thank Your Body Thursday: National Peanut Butter Day!

 

This week, my shins and knee interchangeably sent me a message.

(source)


(source)
 
I finally slept 8 hours last night.

(source)
 
My dream summed up my life: love my job but miss my friends. So I did what was under my control and I went to see the kids early.

I was sluggish and threw barre out the window. Also, I wanted a specific instructor and she had a sub. Instead, I headed to TRX boot camp class at YuBFit TRX Training Facility.

We did 3 rounds of 6 exercises for 35(?) seconds each.
  • TRX Ripper punches(?) each side
  • BOSU push-ups & mountain climbers
  • Medicine ball standing side crunch
  • Tricep dips & TRX Ripper bicep curls
  • TRX atomic abs & lateral jumps
  • Medicine ball wood chops each side
Today is National Peanut Butter Day and for once, I don't have peanut butter in the house. I do have Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter & Wilderness Poets' Oregon hazelnut hempspread but neither are peanut butters.

Last night, I had time and made a list of nut butters I want to try.
I've had a lot of nut butters and now I'm making my definitive list of favorites:

7. Of all their peanut butters, I didn't expect to like PB Crave's Razzle Dazzle. Their others ones all sound better but in reality, this is the one. It is extremely sweet and a complete dessert. There are teeny chocolate chips and swirls of chocolate in the mix.
 
(source

6. My first almond butter: Barney Butter Almond Butter - Smooth and I fell in love. This nut butter is the creamiest almond butter, almost like processed peanut butter, and of course, it's "made with love in California."
 
(source

5. I discovered Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter most recently. It's the only nut butter I buy at Trader Joe's and much better than the MaraNatha brand sunflower seed butter. It's thick and creamy.
 
(source)

4. Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is Nutella but better. In a side by side comparison, Justin's is grainier in texture and yummier.
 
(source)

3. Peanut Butter & Company - White Chocolate Wonderful is very sweet. It's my cousin's favorite too.
(source)

2. For some reason, Peanut Butter & Company - The Bee's Knees is more expensive than some of the others. The brand makes sweet nut butters. This one has a nice honey taste that Justin's Honey Peanut/Almond Butter lacks.
(source

1. After having high hopes for their Honey Almond Butter, I ended up liking Maple Almond Butter more. Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter doesn't sound all that great but boy it's my favorite. I get it when I can afford it. Please don't make it a limited edition!
 
(source)

Favorites from brands:
Did you have peanut butter today? What's your favorite peanut butter or nut butter?
How did you thank your body today?

No comments:

Post a Comment