This week, my shins and knee interchangeably sent me a message.
I finally slept 8 hours last night.
My dream summed up my life: love my job but miss my friends. So I did what was under my control and I went to see the kids early.
I was sluggish and threw barre out the window. Also, I wanted a specific instructor and she had a sub. Instead, I headed to TRX boot camp class at YuBFit TRX Training Facility.
We did 3 rounds of 6 exercises for 35(?) seconds each.
- TRX Ripper punches(?) each side
- BOSU push-ups & mountain climbers
- Medicine ball standing side crunch
- Tricep dips & TRX Ripper bicep curls
- TRX atomic abs & lateral jumps
- Medicine ball wood chops each side
Last night, I had time and made a list of nut butters I want to try.
- Squirrel Brand Creme Brulee Almond Butter
- Reginald's Homemade, particularly AppleSin & Bourbon Pecan
Big Spoons Roasters Nut Butters, any of them! (sold at West Elm)
- Kettle Cashew Butter because I've heard it's the most popular one
- Naturally Nutty Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter & Vanilla Almond Butter
- Teddie because I've had such success with Canadian peanut butter
- Jem Coconut Cardamon Almond Butter
7. Of all their peanut butters, I didn't expect to like PB Crave's Razzle Dazzle. Their others ones all sound better but in reality, this is the one. It is extremely sweet and a complete dessert. There are teeny chocolate chips and swirls of chocolate in the mix.
6. My first almond butter: Barney Butter Almond Butter - Smooth and I fell in love. This nut butter is the creamiest almond butter, almost like processed peanut butter, and of course, it's "made with love in California."
5. I discovered Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter most recently. It's the only nut butter I buy at Trader Joe's and much better than the MaraNatha brand sunflower seed butter. It's thick and creamy.
4. Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is Nutella but better. In a side by side comparison, Justin's is grainier in texture and yummier.
3. Peanut Butter & Company - White Chocolate Wonderful is very sweet. It's my cousin's favorite too.
2. For some reason, Peanut Butter & Company - The Bee's Knees is more expensive than some of the others. The brand makes sweet nut butters. This one has a nice honey taste that Justin's Honey Peanut/Almond Butter lacks.
1. After having high hopes for their Honey Almond Butter, I ended up liking Maple Almond Butter more. Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter doesn't sound all that great but boy it's my favorite. I get it when I can afford it. Please don't make it a limited edition!
Favorites from brands:
- MaraNatha Organic Peanut Butter with a Hint of Sea Salt - Crunch
- Wild Squirrel Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter
- Artisana Cacao Bliss, though it's the only one I've had
- Peter Pan Whipped!
How did you thank your body today?