Friday, January 25, 2013

Healthy Living Survey: Finals Friday!

I decided to share my day (and me) with you in the form of a Healthy Living Survey from Laughter, Strength, Food & Carrots N Cake.

1. What did you eat for breakfast? 
I had egg white oats with melted berries. I made it the night before and stuck it in the microwave this morning.

My co-worker brought bagels and I bought donuts for the students for finals.

2. How much water do you drink a day? 
I wake up because I'm thirsty! I drank 22 ounces before work, drank 22 ounces and a Zevia at work, 2 giant mugs of tea after work, 22 ounces of water at my night job, a mug of homemade hot cocoa with almond milk, and I have a 22 ounce glass of tea waiting for me. So that's 88 ounces of water if you don't count tea.

3. What is your current favorite workout? 
Boot camp classes and yoga are on rotation. I used to do tons of TurboKick and dabble in BodyPump but love the circuit training and surprise of boot camp. Yoga is its counter.

Kettlebell work is fun!



Some days, like today, it was nothing. I had a strange schedule today and couldn't fit it in. Excuses... :)

4. How many calories do you eat a day? 
I'll be honest. I count. In my head. I stopped using a calorie counter, but I still remember to eat at least 1200 calories a day.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? 
  • I can't get enough chocolate Fiber One with unsweetened almond milk!
  • Popcorn for when I want salty and crunchy
  • Nut butters by the spoonful
  • I'll buy chocolate bars and have a few pieces here and there.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? 
Salads are typical and it's usually protein (chicken or tuna) with avocado.

Today, I converted my salad into spring rolls. One spring roll had tuna and the other had shrimp, both proteins were leftovers from other meals.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? 
I used to hate arms, but now my arms are shaping up and I love to see the muscles when I work out.

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? 
Abs. Always has, always will be. My back or hip flexors take the brunt of the work. All those years of having a spare tire and thus, extra skin, make it difficult.

I love accidentally working abs. This usually happens in standing positions for me. Yesterday's wood chops, TRX ripper throws/punches(?), medicine ball side crunches, TRX atomic ab... made me a bit sore today.

9. What are your ‘bad’ food cravings? 
Bread. I don't eat tons of bread so when I do, I get small quantities of high quality bread.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? 
I take Alive! multivitamins, Trader Joe's calcium magnesium zinc, BCAAs, and more recently, Trader Joe's pineapple and papaya extract for digestion.

11. How often do you eat out? 
Once a month if that often. I'll go to a nicer restaurant if someone pays. :) Last meal out was last Friday for sushi.

12. Do you eat fast food?
Not at all.

13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My family thinks I'm crazy so I'd have to say myself and my co-worker Rita. Haha.

14. Do you have a gym membership? 
I have 2 and never use one of them. I go to 24 Hour Fitness more often than Gold's even though they have better equipment. I just feel more comfortable.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 
Last night, I slept 5 hours, woke up, and slept another hour for a total of 6. The night before, I slept 8. Time to make up for it with more sleep!

16. Do you have a ‘cheat’ day? 
Nope. My cheat days may be the days I drink. *See below.

17. Do you drink alcohol? 
I drink at parties so no more than once a month and no less than 3xs each year. I drank a lot when I went on vacation to see friends though.

18. Do you have a workout buddy? 
I can't! I will meet people at the gym but don't workout with anyone. I've tried and I'm much better at being on my own schedule, working out when I feel like it.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle? 
The weight loss was great, but I have more confidence and have become a more intelligent and interesting person. It was all there to begin with - now I'm not afraid to show it. I'm worth it - whatever it is - and I'm going for my dreams!

P.S. I have an interview next week with the school district I work with now as a substitute teacher. It's a difficult decision though - while I get paid more, it's not much more and if hours aren't guaranteed... plus there are no benefits.

Okay okay, it's still a call back!

20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
I ate dinner even though I felt super sick (thanks lady problem). Making sure to eat enough is part of recovering!
*recycle picture... no berries tonight!

Answer any or all of the survey then link it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment