Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book List: Gone Girl

I finished Gone Girl last night and am so sad it's over - I'm in disbelief of the ending!
 
The novel isn't extremely suspenseful because the reader is omnipresent - you know both sides of the story about halfway through. At first, you're siding with the wife and then you side with the husband. Though, honestly I sided with the husband all along.

The book is extremely easy to read and pretty short or at least went by fast. 

Next up, Wild, another highly recommended book.

I vowed to read at least 12 books this year. It's not very much I know, but sometimes I can only muster a book a month. Other times I'll read more than one book per month or I'll read none.

Here are some books I'm interested in for the year:
  1. Gone Girl
  2. Wild
  3. Safe Haven - Once a year, I read a Nicholas Sparks book. My favorite is still The Notebook. I actually want to watch the movie now...
  4. Blackberry Winter - The Violets of March is one of the best books I read in 2012.
  5. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Love Mindy Kaling!
  6. Blood Done Sign My Name - Been meaning to read this for years since it received so much acclaim.
  7. Mockingjay - Read the other two and have this on audio. Though I think I'll borrow it from the school library.
  8. A Walk in the Woods - I love Bill Bryson.
  9. The Yiddish Policemen's Union
  10. Almost Moon - I read The Lovely Bones in high school and loved it. I've always wanted to read this one.
  11. Midnight - Sister Souljah also wrote The Coldest Winter Ever. I was anticipating this book release but never got around to it.
  12. Population 485
What are you reading? 
What books do you want to read?
Have you read any of the books on my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment