The novel isn't extremely suspenseful because the reader is omnipresent - you know both sides of the story about halfway through. At first, you're siding with the wife and then you side with the husband. Though, honestly I sided with the husband all along.
The book is extremely easy to read and pretty short or at least went by fast.
Next up, Wild, another highly recommended book.
I vowed to read at least 12 books this year. It's not very much I know, but sometimes I can only muster a book a month. Other times I'll read more than one book per month or I'll read none.
Here are some books I'm interested in for the year:
Safe Haven- Once a year, I read a Nicholas Sparks book. My favorite is still The Notebook. I actually want to watch the movie now...
- Blackberry Winter - The Violets of March is one of the best books I read in 2012.
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Love Mindy Kaling!
- Blood Done Sign My Name - Been meaning to read this for years since it received so much acclaim.
- Mockingjay - Read the other two and have this on audio. Though I think I'll borrow it from the school library.
- A Walk in the Woods - I love Bill Bryson.
- The Yiddish Policemen's Union
- Almost Moon - I read The Lovely Bones in high school and loved it. I've always wanted to read this one.
- Midnight - Sister Souljah also wrote The Coldest Winter Ever. I was anticipating this book release but never got around to it.
- Population 485
What books do you want to read?
Have you read any of the books on my list?