I'm not 100% sure if it's working yet, but I'll update you anyways.
The past few weeks and possibly a month now, I've lessened my consumption of protein powders minus the occasional Quest Nutrition bar.
Since my weekend trip to L.A. and my weeklong vacation in Asheville, I've pretty much stopped meal planning. I have to stop myself often by reminding myself how much time I'm wasting by doing that. I know how to eat healthy. Calorie counting is obsessive. While I try to eat intuitively, I'm mostly just eating when I feel like it, mostly when I'm hungry but sometimes when I'm not.
I've also been to the gym a total of 5 times since mid-December. Instead, I've worked out at home with 30 minute cardio/strength combos and yoga.
Because I haven't had to hit the gym and abide by a schedule, I get to sleep!
And while the scale shows just a little, I fit into all my clothes better. Even coming straight out of the dryer.
My whole body looks and feels firmer.
And the best part, my mind is more free. Sure there was/is some sadness from missing all my friends and stress of work post-vacation, but I'm a little happier.
On Christmas Day, I...
- Slept a little less than usual
- Woke up to text my friends (after calling them yesterday) my photo
- Went out with my mom and aunt
- Caught some of the Laker-Knicks basketball game
- Worked out real quickly with Jillian Michaels' Killer Abs
- Baked healthy gingerbread that turned out too bready but was still fun to decorate
- Ate non-traditional Christmas food of boiled veggies & straight-up beef
- Watched "Home Alone" & fell asleep
Next up is New Years. Resolutions aren't happenin'. If you're looking to make some, here's an infographic guide.
No more unnecessary lists for me unless it's a list of reminders for today:
- Print out CTEL scores & send out
Upload transcripts from USB Deposit $ at the bank Buy almond flour Make paleo chocolate chip cookies
Verdict: Use 50% power on the microwave for ~1 minute (30 seconds on/off) and flip for a little more. These yield a much better cookie than in the oven because the almond flour burns quick!
Other yummy recipes include:
- Detoxinista's Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies with less ingredients including NO EGG.
- Similar Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie from Elana's Pantry, also sans egg.
- The Unrefined Kitchen's Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie but I'd rather not use all my delicious almond butter.
- Chef Katelyn's Sweet & Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Urban Poser's Paleo, Vegan, Egg/Grain/Dairy-Free Snickerdoodle Cookie
- PaleoOMG Nut-Free Giant Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chunk Cookie
Found this book hidden in one of my drawers. It'll be interesting to browse through.
Are you on vacation? If you are, what are you doing?
How did you spend your Christmas? Any baking?