Friday, December 28, 2012

High Five Friday: Scary thoughts


Last night I was watching "New Girl" and "The Mindy Project," and decided I love these shows because these girls are ME!

Yeah, there's me, Yancey, Weston, and Gonzo/Luis. If you watch the show, you'll get it.
  

In the last episode I watched, Jess says, "Oh, I'm straight up bananas." A lot of her choices are ones I would make too, like living with dudes, my lack of relationships, and the fact that I am/will be a teacher.

Oh, and how I could I forget the Thanksgiving episode when Mindy meets the other brown chick. Of course they get a thin, ridiculously pretty one. That's okay, I still have a lot of awesome attributes that transcend outer beauty... and I'm sticking with it.
 

New girl: "I love seeing other brown girls."
Mindy: "Um, it's not that hard. There are literally millions of us."

That's me when I meet other Asian people in a non-Asian environment, especially if you're trying to move in on my man. Hopefully my men aren't this unattractive though.

In other news, I found pumpkie pie soda. Where have you been all my life? It was disappointing though. Don't get it. It tastes weird.

Dinner tonight now that I'm not meal planning. I will never know if I'm pregnant because I eat weird food all the time.

And I just applied for 2 positions as an admissions counselor at my alma mater. Yes, in Asheville. I realized I'm fully qualified for such positions, have familiarity with them, and that everyone who works seems similar to me.

I have no idea how that would work right now. I would need to crash with friends till my first paycheck and somehow find myself a car, which is the big part. I wouldn't know how to tell my mom, especially if I need to borrow some funds. Although, I will be getting paid soon-ish so that would help.

Have you moved for a job? How did you find a place to live? Did you drive? My car is my first car from when I was 16 so it's almost 10 years old. I would also have to drive all the way across the country! Would it be better to get a new car?

1 comment:

  1. "I will never know if I'm pregnant because I eat weird food all the time." LOL! I have said the same thing SO many times.

    ReplyDelete