Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIAW & Asheville Part 2: Birthdays & Graduations


This is part 2 of my 5-6 day vacation to Asheville, North Carolina where I lived for 6 years prior to living in SoCal for the last year and a half.
 
Friday
Without much water, I had a massive hangover till 1 P.M. I learned though and after feeling better and some laughs from "Ted," I went to TurboKick, drank lots of water, and ate lunch at Early Girl Eatery.

Local sausage and sweet potato scramble is my favorite thing ever!

Best facility ever!

Real and local kombucha from Buchi!

We celebrated Gonzo's 25th birthday dinner at El Que Pasa. I chose a warm fajita salad and was super full afterwards.

Honest to goodness, these are my favorite people ever! He wanted to get me too but they didn't get the message!

While the guys went home to clean up and drop off cars, I went downtown to meet up with one of my history buddies, Conor and his roommate Asian Josh. We met up at Green Man, a small brewery with the best beer/drink I've had all weekend, and then headed to the downtown location of Asheville Brewing to meet up with a friend of ours, Bron, who also came into town from Florida.

Bron, Conor, Asian Josh, and I

On my way to meet up with the birthday crew, I stopped by the LAB to celebrate a friend's graduation from nursing school. Congrats Anna!

I met up with the birthday crew afterwards though most of them were done for. A few of us ditched the big group and went back to the LAB where we got a flight of their beers to try. Not a fan, especially since I ended up getting an IPA.

Saturday was an early day for us. We were late but headed out to Johnson City, Tennessee for Kyle's graduation.


We met his family and had lunch at a Thai restaurant. I just got the chicken satay skewers. Then they asked Yancey if we were married... that's a big jump. No.

We thought about a nap when we got home but instead, went shopping for some graduation gifts for Weston. We were unable to make it to his graduation so we surprised him with a sign, balloons, cupcakes from Short Street Cakes, and champagne.


Lots of criminal justice degrees...

Since none of our friends make it, we all secretly agreed to buy him gifts and took him out for dinner.

We went to TGI Friday's for the guys to eat and then downtown. Since it was the first night I've seen Kris, we went drink-for-drink before a round of tequila and car bombs at Scully's. Thanks Yancey for making me popcorn at 4 A.M.

Kris, who I've known for 7 years!

Gonzo

Jordan is no longer a beardy weirdy
 
We ended our night at 4 A.M. after heading to some random party. I talked a lot, forgot what I said, and played beer pong poorly.

What's your favorite breakfast? Apparently I love eggs scrambled with sausage and sweet potatoes and herbs. I'll have to give it a shot at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment