Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's Ok Thursday: Day of excitement

Its Ok Thursdays

Today's a very special day. My cousin Chris turned 25! Our moms are twins and gave birth to us the same year so of course, we grew up together!

He worked all day and came home to this as well as some random little food gifts for work.

I had quite a bit of energy today, and I'm totally okay with that! This hasn't been the case so I pinpointed why:

1) First off, I drank David's Tea or regular green tea all day in lieu of water. I maybe had one glass of water all day. I started my day with green tea then switched to cookie dough and buttered rum. Cookie dough is growing on me!

2) I started my morning with a 1 hour circuit class. The class started with squats - I always go heavy on squats - so I was exhausted the rest of the time. I should learn but squats are my favorite.* *Alternates between squats and lunges depending on the openness of my hips.

3) I was probably also excited about the dance party in class. Unfortunately, we forgot the WII. It's okay, we played charades instead. I came up with the charades and performed one before picking up pizza for the kids. One of the kids may be a new favorite! :)

I then supervised a test. One of my favorite students did good on his test thanks to a quick 5-minute cram session beforehand. :)

I came home for a snack before running errands: returning a library book, buying a Christmas present for my friend's 1-year-old, and returning boots and shirt I decided not to keep.

I was at Barnes and Noble for 30 minutes+ and finally decided on a book and a plush toy.

I chose Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type. It's not particularly suitable for a 1-year-old, but it's okay, this was one of my favorite books when I worked at the preschool.
 

Everyone said the Elf on the Shelf was kind of scary. The toy that comes with the book does indeed creep me out so I got the soft plush toy. It'll be a great tradition for baby Alex. :) I hope it's okay that I picked the non-white boy toy.


I talked more to my roommate as I was running errands around town. We've finalized more plans and had funny conversation. This list continues to be created and revised...
  • Eat at Papas and Beer. Get guac.
  • See gingerbread houses and drink nog at the Grove Park Inn.
  • Have margaritas at the Lucky Otter.
  • Go for endless mimosas.
  • Get nails did with Alex.
  • Drink Cold Mountain beer.
  • Partake in Biltmore Estate wine.
  • Eat 12 Bones with Kris or whoever is in town.
  • Chow down on pizza at the Mellow Mushroom.
  • Get drinks with my former students!
  • Try yogurt at a place called YoLo Froyo.
  • Take pictures of trees and people. 
  • Sip tea at Dobra Tea.
  • Wear tacky Christmas sweaters.
  • Decorate his apartment for Christmas. 
I'm getting all excited but what I should really get all worked up about is this weekend in L.A. where I will hang out, BBQ, and hopefully get a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake. I'll pack some food for this weekend since I want to save for Asheville.

What do you pack for a weekend trip? I read this entry from Healthful Pursuit that helps a lot.
What's your tea of choice? Yogi Tea's Egyptian Licorice is one of my favorites but I'll drink most teas.

No comments:

Post a Comment