Friday, July 26, 2013

High Five Friday: Sushi + Sapporo + Self Love


I got to work earlier expecting to get out earlier, but that never happens. Especially when I'm about to leave and a crisis occurs.

At least I got to stay for the donut showdown and nabbed a doughnut from the most amazing donut shop ever. Thanks Eddie! Unfortunately I can't name them here for work purposes, but I've been there before and they have the best Samoa doughnut!

Instead of driving through traffic to go to the Anaheim Art & Pub Crawl, I went to dinner with my friend at Sushi Imari. Great reviews for such a teeny place. While we waited, we got free mini appetizers.

They had cucumber rolls! This was called the "Pain in my ass."

..and I ate white rice for the first time in years! I didn't see a big difference though. We shared the "Sake bomb" closest to me and "Kiss my Halibut" and had some Sapporos.

Sushi + Sapporo = relaxed

I was in bed when I got home and knocked out in the middle of MasterChef again.

Today:

  • Drop of some tickets.
  • Buy Eddie some gelato.
  • Coffee with a friend before he leaves for Japan (to live)!
  • Celebrate other Julie's birthday!
For you, this is a must read because it's exactly how I've been feeling: "Thoughts on Self Love" by Heather of Kiss My Broccoli.

After all the perfectionism, I've been letting go and not feeling guilty. I don't know what triggered it, but I'm enjoying the ride and hope that it doesn't abruptly end. Okay, the expensive dinners and going out are a bit much...

How do you practice self-love?

No comments:

Post a Comment