Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIAW: Back to school


Monday night, Vanessa and I went to Native Foods Cafe for a late dinner.  I got the special: Oklahoma bacon cheeseburger. All vegetarian and delicious. It came with a side of sweet potato fries, my favorite.

I waited all day (and night) for this!

She wanted to get a drink (none for me) so we headed to a bar that I've only gone to on weekends. The crowd was mixed but odd and honestly, a little scary.

I stayed up late because I was full and woke up early for another staff development day.

Shakeology and this Herbalife bar that was provided at the breakfast. Why not?

After eating out yesterday, I wasn't too excited about lunch out with my co-workers. Except we picked Mama's on 39 and they had roasted spaghetti squash with a bit of Parmesan and, on mine, I got grilled chicken (not pictured). Wow.

I skipped out a few minutes early to take a quick shower and meet up with another new friend. We had some good conversation that continued when I got home (via Facebook messaging and a 15 minute or so phone call).

I realized the power of positive thinking tonight. I'm a rather positive person and haven't let much put me down thus far. My situation at work is in the air after the next month and a half, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

My workout yesterday made me sweatier than I've been in a long time. I really had to push through with the overhead lunges.

My U.S. History classes will be making towers. I "borrowed" this idea from TED talks.

My one World History class will be writing prompts on how to prepare a peanut butter sandwich. I will then construct the sandwiches based on their instructions.

Finally, my Government classes will either A) play people bingo, B) think together in a fictional "Alien Attack," C) make a timeline of their lives thus far, or D) anything else I can think of between now and then.

Where do you get the best burger? Believe the hype, I love the Greenbird from Umami Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment