Monday, August 19, 2013

MIMM: Adventure time [at the Safari]


MARVELOUS Friday adventure to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park


Getting there just in time for the MARVELOUS hot air balloon

...where we got to see the whole park.

We got a MARVELOUS deal ($22) for admission and the Africa tram safari.

The gorilla doesn't look so big from here...

Lots of MARVELOUS pictures were taken.

The best: elephants.

Brushing goats

Old Town Mexican Cafe for MARVELOUS dinner after skipping lunch: lots of guac and ceviche was perfect after a 91 degree day. Too bad we didn't have more daylight to explore Old Town.

I came home for a total of 25 minutes, showered, and went out to Downtown Santa Ana. Again. We headed to see a friend DJ then did 2 hours of MARVELOUS dancing.

Saturday off?! Now that the fair is over, I have my MARVELOUS weekends back! First stop, shopping - I finally bought myself a pencil skirt (not pictured).

Recovery with froyo...

...and green juice

More guac, made with Greek yogurt though, and stuffed into shrimp spring rolls (sans noodles)

Getting dressed for to cheer on friends at a MARVELOUS Saturday night beer pong tournament. Oh my face...

Most organized tournament ever.

They even rented out a porta potty for the guys - ladies got to use the indoor restroom - with a side table with sanitizer.

Our boys lost and were rather depressed.

But their friends played in the finals and almost won. Actually, it was just one friend because his partner had to withdraw.

I lovingly took care of drunk people with water, got between arguments, and cheered them on till the end

MARVELOUS Sunday brunch post-yoga: bacon, veggie cheese, and guac sandwich? Yes please.

Found and should've taken this MARVELOUS sign while grocery shopping!

Sadly, I haven't met a Hangar beer I like. I did get to try some new-to-me beers though:

Belmont Brewing strawberry blonde was light and had a touch of strawberry taste.

Also got my hands on this tasty beer. I'm ready for fall!


What's your favorite animal? I love pandas of course, but I am fascinated by ostriches and meerkats!

No comments:

Post a Comment