Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer songs & fantastic memories

A week ago, I was looking at my legs. I don't wear shorts and if I do, they're short... not because I want to wear booty shorts but because my stubby legs look even more awkward otherwise. Everyone has a thing and this is mine, except this girl definitely has acceptable legs.

Okay and now for the real post. It's about music, which should surprise you because I'm not a diehard. However, summer songs are my favorites. They come attached with fantastic memories that I've decided to recall.

I picked my favorites or most memorable from the last 10+ years. *Bolded are my all-time favorites.

2012
"Call Me Maybe" Carly Rae Jespen because we made a parody video with my co-workers
Honorable mention: "Whistle" Flo Rida

2011
Didn't like any of them

2010
"California Girls" Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg
"Cooler Than Me" Mike Posner when I fell in love with this guy (the artist)

2009
"Knock You Down" Keri Hilson ft. Kanye West was constantly played at the gym

2008
"Dangerous" Kardinal Offishall is still one of my favorite songs!

2007
"Party Like A Rockstar" Shop Boyz when I met a cute guy, who I just looked up on facebook... and he's not looking so good and he's getting married. Whoa.
"Beautiful Girls" Sean Kingston was on all the time

2006
"Promiscuous" Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland
"Me & U" Cassie which we heard recently while dancing and some girl decided to mimic the video

2005
"We Belong Together" Mariah Carey

2004
"Sunshine" Lil Flip I remember listening to this on MTV or BET in high school

2003
"Crazy In Love" Beyonce ft. Jay-Z
"Right Thurr" Chingy

2002
"Hot in Herre" Nelly
"Dilemma" Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland

"I Need A Girl (Part 2)" P. Diddy but what was better was "Trade It All"


2001
"Peaches & Cream" 112 which we dance and sang to in middle school
"Where the Party At" Jagged Edge
"Fallin" Alicia Keys

What is your favorite summer song thus far?
What memories do any of the songs conjure up?

1 comment: