Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIAW: Dolmas & end of Paleo challenge

I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm working, working out, and doing homework - exhausted but unable to sleep till 1:30 A.M. last night. So, in effect, a 5 A.M. alarm didn't happen. A 6:30 one did and I'm craving a Sidecar doughnuts. I rarely eat whole doughnuts.

 This week, I bought fresh grape leaves. It took awhile to even track down canned grape leaves and when I got there, I saw a sign for fresh leaves. I didn't know what to expect.

But my paleo dolmas turned out great. I cut and cleaned cauliflower for the first time too!

There's a lot, but I eat a lot of them too.

I also made super simple protein balls from Gabby's G-Free Instagram.

My new CrossFit friend Anna sent me a recipe for dark chocolate banana ice cream. I froze banana medallions the night before and came up with this delicious treat. I want some more...
We finished the Paleo challenge yesterday, a lot earlier than we expected. We won. I'm happy...

... and I'm experiencing less bloating.

I'll keep trucking along the Paleo path 80-90% of the time. It wasn't a huge adjustment in my life.

6 comments:

  1. That paleo ice cream sounds awesome - I love the tip to freeze it into medallions to make it easier to blend! I use frozen bananas for smoothies but they require more liquid since I freeze the bananas whole; this definitely sounds like a better consistency. (Though I intend to make mine with the decidedly non-Paleo nutella!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took forever even with medallions!

      Delete
  2. I'm flirting with the idea of paleo myself. Those dolmas sound really interesting! Might have to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of first there - first time cleaning and boiling cauliflower on my own too. I didn't follow the same procedures in the recipe like having raw cauliflower. I cooked it.

      Delete
  3. Very awesome that you made your own dolmas!

    ReplyDelete