Monday, April 29, 2013

MIMM: Venice & Fight Gone Bad


I bought more ground meat and realized most ground meat is the same.

I made pork chili instead of beef chili this week.

Eggplant fries instead of sweet potato fries

Marvelous paleo pumpkin pancakes from Practical Paleo that came out better this time

My Pharrell station on Pandora yielded this amazing song. Most marvelous station ever.

I had to go to my second job and picked up some meat from Trader Joe's. Ready to eat! Not. I was supposed to heat it. Oh well.

Saturday morning boot camp then baking ginger spice muffin tops from Healthful Pursuit.

And a giant batch of marvelous sweet potato pancakes with maple coconut butter. I ate this Saturday and Sunday, and there's enough for tomorrow.

After attempting more homework and falling asleep, I drove out to meet up my friends Andrew and Denton. We headed into Venice.

The boardwalk was crazy, but I dug the vibe in other parts of Venice.


Dinner at Oscar's Cerveteca



I chose the Peruvian sashimi (left, rec from Yelp), but really wish I chose the chorizo burger (right). The sashimi was good but small. I dealt and drank a beer from El Segundo.


Marvelous Coolhaus Ice Cream in Culver City was reminiscent of my San Francisco ice cream experience. I got the dirty mint and ChocoVivo salted chocolate. I didn't realize there was so much so I only had the ChocoVivo - I'm usually not a chocolate ice cream fan! The mint was refreshing with fresh specks of mint and tons of chocolate chips.

Another marvelous Sunday Funday at CrossFit. We did 3 rounds of Fight Gone Bad, named after BJ Penn. I got in 230 reps that included wall balls. I'm better at them now! :)

Some of my semi-Paleo grocery shopping for the week:
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Tomato
  • Apples
  • Paleo bread
  • Coconut oil
  • Boar's Head buffalo chicken
  • Turkey bacon
  • Carrots
  • Dark chocolate
  • Pine nuts for dolmas, but I can't find grape leaves!
  • Ginger, cardamon, nutmeg
I finished up a big assignment and fell asleep for a couple of hours. So I'm still up, 6 A.M. CrossFit is not a possibility and I'm sleeping in. Not the best way to start the week...

What did you do this past weekend?
What's your favorite station on Pandora?
Where's your next beach trip?

7 comments:

  1. OMG all those pancakes look amazing. I may have already pinned the recipes....
    We have a lot of similar tastes! I like to refer to my eating habits as semi-paleo. I have to cave when it comes to turkey bacon...and the occasional fro yo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggplant fries...I NEED to make them. I love sweet potato fries, and I love eggplant. Definitely on my to-do list in the very near future!

    My favorite station on Pandora is the Disney station. #notashamed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking the eggplant makes it less mushy, which I like. No shame in Disney!

      Delete
  3. looks like lots of good eatings! sweet potato pancakes sound delicioussssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those pancakes & muffins look amazing! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Thanks so much for sharing your fun-filled day with us. You might also want to check out CoBe Snacks' chocolate-covered bulk cocoa beans. They are the healthy snack you'll want to have when those chocolate urges hit. The unprocessed Cacau contains both fiber and protein to help keep you satiated, so you don't keep binging.

    ReplyDelete