Monday, April 8, 2013

MIMM: Back to work


I tried to salvage the remaining days of spring break. Sadly, I worked most of it beginning with a 12 hour day on Wednesday. When I wasn't scheduled at job #2, I was working at job #3 so my week/weekend wasn't too exciting.

Sprinkles Ice Cream opened up last Wednesday and the line is ridiculous - there's a 2-5 hour wait for $10 ice cream! Too cool myself down, I went to Icicles for their MARVELOUS Only 8 peanut butter frozen yogurt.

I missed Saturday morning boot camp class, but it got cancelled on Saturday. Instead of staying indoors, I headed to downtown Huntington Beach to make up a WOD: 3 rounds of 400 m run, 50 double unders/150 singles, & 25 situps.

I can't wait for MARVELOUS summer, hiking, and outdoor activities!

I'm an old lady and stay in on Saturday nights doing MARVELOUS wall walks. I got them down! I remember doing these for the first time in CrossFit and failing badly.

The other thing I do when I have time off: spend time in front of the computer of course.

I started watching "The IT Crowd" in San Francisco. It's MARVELOUS. I've never loved British comedies except "Love Actually" and maybe a few others I can't think off the top of my head. I never even heard of this show, but I got addicted. What I love is that you don't have to watch it in succession. I always tend to multitask so this is perfect and ridiculously humorous. Their budget is low but does get better through the seasons.
(source)

I watched a couple of movies today after work while nursing my shoulder. I'm pretty sure I hurt my shoulder and arm yesterday hooking and unhooking hangers on top racks. I had trouble doing some thrusters today and couldn't add more weight. :( Stupid retail... I put in my 2 week notice!

Okay, so I've read how this movie demeans Melissa McCarthy, but I enjoyed "Identity Thief." The movie is ridiculous and heartwarming.
(source

When you put such funny and beautiful people in a movie, you're bond to get it right. Actually, that's not always true, but Rebel Wilson, Amy Adams, and Lizzy Caplan are amazing in "The Bachelorette." I'm not much of a Kirsten Dunst fan - she definitely plays a big role in this one though.

My legs had been conditioned to move after all that walking on vacation so I walked to Sunday yoga. I love the colors of this house on my route.

Even though slept in, I needed coffee. Truth: this is the first time I've ever used a coffee maker.

And I used the MARVELOUS coffee I brought back from San Francisco

Today commences job #1 again. I forced myself up early for CrossFit and had to scale the weight for my shoulder. I ate what may be one of my last oatmeal protein pancakes - we're doing a Paleo challenge at CrossFit - and showered. Now the decision is - to nap or study?

How often do you drink coffee? When did you start?
What are you watching?

1 comment:

  1. Holy heck 2-5 hour wait for ice cream? I would get so hangry waiting in that line... And would probably prefer to get some PB fro-yo anyways, that sounds awesome :P

    ReplyDelete