Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIAW: San Francisco Part 2


This is part 2 of my vacation in the Bay Area on Friday and Saturday last week. I saw San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland.

I slept in on Friday and walked to Yoga to the People.

Store reminded me of David. He loves cats.
 

The studio was in downtown Berkeley and small. I love the instructor though and the view to outside.

David met up with me at Sliver for lunch. I had one slice of the daily special. They only make one kind of vegetarian pizza everyday.


David's friend Joseph met up with us and took us on a tour of UC Berkeley.

They had smoothies as I waited at CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me) for an ice cream sandwich to share.

I bought a new shirt.

David was tired and hungover so I was on my own to Lake Merritt in Oakland.



We went to dinner at Turkish Kitchen.

I ordered chicken and lamb kabobs with a salad and passed on the rice.

On Saturday, I woke up early to walk to Berkeley CrossFit.


The class was free and there were 2 coaches and only 2 people so I got to do CrossFit Games 13.4, a ladder of clean and jerks and toes to bar. I modified with knee raises.

I showered and David and I headed to Haight-Ashbury, the hippie district in San Francisco.

Vintage stores that label clothes by decade and style

Open-face sandwiches from Whole Foods on Hippie Hill in Golden Gate Park

We took the ferry from San Francisco to Oakland

Beer Revolution for a beer


Pizza and 2 beers at Jupiter

View from Jupiter's

Then I went to see David at work at Albatross Pub. I drank way too much and talked to everyone including an (South) Indian guy named Juan? Cool.

Only 2 days of drinking and I was fortunate not to be hungover the second time.

How much do you drink on vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment