Friday, May 31, 2013

High Five Friday: 90%


HIGH FIVE for squatting 90% of my weight on my first day back to CrossFit in 2 weeks!

I also got some bruises again.


Then life got in the way and I didn't work out for two days in a row.

It's a difficult process for me mentally though - my body feels a little thicker... and I'm not sure if it's muscle or flab. I have eaten more carbs in the form of grains this week than previous weeks too.

Paleo pumpkin pancakes with Enjoy Life chocolate chunks

Peanut butter pumpkin cake for one with peanut flour, which isn't allowed on Paleo

Either way, I'm keeping in mind that I'm living life happily and healthfully. I'll trust myself and my body in what it does.

High Five for a new hair cut

I had work and class on Wednesday. There's a 30 minutes for "dinner" and a 10 minute break, but I'm still "in class."

On Thursday, the students had a fun salsa and guacamole competition during lunch and I stayed after school, until 7:30, to volunteer to judge a World Fair. HIGH FIVE for getting involved and marketing myself.

The students had booths set up in the gym and presented everything from food, dance, geography, history, and more. I judged "geography" and had a fantastic time seeing the products they created.

I do wish my students could participate, especially since I think they're capable.

On the bright side, now that the year is winding down and I've done many of my lesson plans and meetings, I don't have to get to work as early.

Temporary digs at work

So I really should be going to CrossFit at 6 A.M. and thanks to some melatonin, I did.

The ladies at CrossFit are kicking off a squat challenge

 We also celebrated a special birthday for one of the most helpful, sweet students.

HIGH FIVE to our tight knit community of students!


As the year winds down, I'm not excited. Not in the least. I love having my own class even if it's temporary. :(

2 comments:

  1. That squat challenge is CRAZY, but I think I want to join in! How much weight do you use, or is it just meant to be air squats (given the high volume)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't specify. I did my first 50 without weight. We are thinking of alternating when weights are available.

      Delete