Monday, March 18, 2013

MIMM: St. Patrick's Day weekend


I have 2 upcoming trips and want to go on a third one for Memorial Day weekend. Of course, prices are ridiculous.

Oatmeal protein pancakes as always.

Only 8 frozen yogurt

A box of 12 chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars! This was instantly my favorite flavor.

I love the back of the box.

Thanks Janetha for the heads up on cheap coconut butter. $5.99!

I started St. Patty's Day off with semi-green oatmeal protein pancakes. All I did was add some matcha green tea powder.

Afterwards, I headed to a CrossFit St. Patrick's Day cookout and brought Janetha's spicy six-layer dip. Easy winner.

I met members who go to the later classes, had chicken kielbasa, drank Guinness and a bourbon cocktail, and... had to go to work. :(

Now if I could actually make it to CrossFit. I'm aiming for 3 sessions per week. Today was a no-go. I slept for almost 11 hours - totally needed after this weekend and before this week. I knew my body was fatigue after struggling terrible with simple yoga poses.

Everyone else must've had a tough weekend too - looks like only 5 people showed up for the WOD named after me this morning, which by the way, is the WOD of my nightmares: double unders (can't do, must practice), wall balls (ouch), and toes to bar (huh?). I really have to stop cherry-picking my WODs.

Do you cherry pick your WODs, if you do CrossFit?
What did you do to celebrate this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. YES! Those quest bars are the BEST ones yet! I need to order more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take me to long beach with you! And 6 bucks for the coconut butter is a steal!

    I have matcha powder I have been dying to make pancakes/smoothies with. I need to do this. thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete