Friday, March 22, 2013

High Five Friday: Spring!


High Five for a 3rd job?! Sure, this doesn't look exciting, but it's not bad and pays well. My 3 jobs are completely different - education, retail, and for now, office work. I checked the phones, sent e-mails, commented on food blogs, and that was it for the day. I was the only person in.
*Yes, I tried the chair lift. :)

High Five for mastering jump roping! I grew up when jump roping was cool and I never did it. Whenever I'm required to jump rope as an adult, I get frustrated and mess up and frustrated again. It's a terrible cycle. Today I strung 60 in a row, skipped one, and continued on to 100! Not once did I get caught in the rope!

How? I didn't look at myself in the mirror, and I wore capris that stay up.

I woke up at 5 A.M., decided 13.3 (150 wall balls, 50 double unders, & 15 muscle ups) weren't for me - I knew I'd hardly get through wall balls if at all, and looked for a WOD I hadn't done and could do at home: "Rofer," named after an attractive lawyer who comes in the morning. :)

"Rofer"
50 Doubles
Run 800
25 Sit Ups
50 Doubles
Run 600
25 Sit Ups
50 Doubles
Run 400
25 Sit Ups
50 Doubles
Run 200
25 Sit Ups

High Five for a field trip to meet the author of Thirteen Reasons Why... and the best part, we have some awesome students going! I haven't read the book yet but am going to check it out for spring break reading. *Check out PB Fingers' review.

(source)

High Five for spring! Here in California, it's usually gorgeous, but now we can really practice all things spring. On my list already:
High Five for spring break in San Francisco. I leave in less than a week! Oh, I have to buy something to bring my friend. What's really special in Southern California? I have no clue!
 
(source)

Do you have a spring break? What are you doing?
What's on your spring to-do list?

1 comment:

  1. I want an adult spring break!!! LOL! Have fun - that is my favorite part of the country. :)

    ReplyDelete