Friday, February 8, 2013

Read 'em and eat + Friday links

When I got to work, I immediately went to the library to work one-on-one with a student. We finished analyzing a Langston Hughes poem - perfect for my background - and writing an extended metaphor in 30 minutes. He spent the rest of the time on his phone/taking a nap and I read Safe Haven.

I read more when I got home and ate a bowl of Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares. These are new-to-me and absolutely delicious.

My cousin came home and announced he was going to Slater's 50/50. I love Slater's - they have a great beer menu - and I was hungry.

I made my own burger and ate it BUNLESS: 1/3 lb turkey patty with brie, grilled onions, grilled pineapple, roasted red peppers, and green leaf lettuce. I had the sweet Thai chili sauce on the side. *My cousin got sweet potato fries with their delicious pumpkin sauce.
Beer: Epic Santa Cruz Brown Ale. A little darker than I like but it was a happy hour special. I drank 1/2.

In other news, I ran out of nut butter. I took the plunge and ordered Vermont Peanut Butter from Netrition.

...and here are some reads for the long weekend:

Tips for your 20s and beyond
If you're curious
Work it out
Food!
Any cool links you think I should read?
How often do you eat out? I eat out once every 2 weeks. This was totally spontaneous and sometimes necessary so I don't try to eat "perfect" all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment